Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Common step sequencer sync problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick Nhodes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:22 pm    Post subject: Common step sequencer sync problem Reply with quote

Hi folks. I have some step sequencer patterns in various programs that work beautifully as a solo sound, until I try to use them in sequencer mode Recording. The tempo of the patterns match whatever tempo I’m using in my song, but when I record, the start of the pattern does not align with the start of the sequence. In other words, the down beat or first step of the pattern seems to be fixed and not reset by the metronome. Is there a way to force reset the step sequence to the start button? Thanks for any advice.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried this with the step sequencer and sequencer, but try inserting a TEMPO CHANGE at the beginning of the first measure. For instance, set the song's tempo to something like 119 BPM, then insert a change of 120 BPM. This might line it up.
Rick Nhodes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that was an idea I had not tried. Unfortunately it didn’t seem to make a difference. I just wonder if there is an AMS setting in the common step sequencer that would perhaps retrigger the pattern at the start of a the internal clock in sequencer mode. I can’t imagine there is nothing to sync things up with other engines and functions of the Kronos. Otherwise the step sequencer is virtually useless feature in terms of playing alongside anything but itself.

If not I may have to retire this thing. I bought it for live performance with a band that plays to backing tracks and a common metronome. If I can’t get a simple pattern to sync with everything else, I am back to my fussy but ultimately more reliable Ableton/Massive setup, which handles syncing tempos and startpoints effortlessly.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Conway wrote:
I haven't tried this with the step sequencer and sequencer, but try inserting a TEMPO CHANGE at the beginning of the first measure. For instance, set the song's tempo to something like 119 BPM, then insert a change of 120 BPM. This might line it up.

I use the " beat ticks " in "Automation Edit " for the SEQ

I don't use the step, Nick, see if " Automationed Edit " and if Beat ticks window is there.

For audio tracks, there are a few options... you set the song tempo to the "region files'. Which is your audio track. Or vice versa. Set your side instruments to the "region audio ' file.

FYI, This tempo 'stretching ' doesn't work that well IMO
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: