Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I would like Korg more if they updated Kronos OS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geoff Flynn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put me down for an updated OS please.

As an Oasys owner I won't hold my breath though........
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there were a way to convince Korg to be more respectful of its Kronos customers....
Even if the Kronos is so powerful, some bugs are remaining and many enhancements could be done, based on the present system.

So yes, I do want Korg to be back and involve in its flagship synth. Even if Korg people plan to replace it, many people has got a Kronos and derserve a better attention.

It's my opinion.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardSync wrote:
I'm beginning to think my dates are well off here. Can't be 13 years. Has to be less than that... but oh, well... however long it's been, I've wanted one.

Next year is the 10 year anniversary of Kronos. I don't think there will be updates, as efforts are likely being focused towards the new platform.

To answer Greg's question, I'm perfectly happy with Kronos the way it is, but updates are always welcome.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoff Flynn wrote:
Put me down for an updated OS please.

As an Oasys owner I won't hold my breath though........

Thank you, Geoff ! Yes, many of us are familiar with the Oasys saga.

Thats a scar that won't fade.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liviou2004 wrote:
If there were a way to convince Korg to be more respectful of its Kronos customers....
Even if the Kronos is so powerful, some bugs are remaining and many enhancements could be done, based on the present system.

So yes, I do want Korg to be back and involve in its flagship synth. Even if Korg people plan to replace it, many people has got a Kronos and derserve a better attention.

It's my opinion.

I agree with you 100%, Fred

This is why I brought up the importance of communication to the community.

Roland, Nord, Yamaha, are doing a good job.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Conway wrote:
HardSync wrote:
I'm beginning to think my dates are well off here. Can't be 13 years. Has to be less than that... but oh, well... however long it's been, I've wanted one.

Next year is the 10 year anniversary of Kronos. I don't think there will be updates, as efforts are likely being focused towards the new platform.

To answer Greg's question, I'm perfectly happy with Kronos the way it is, but updates are always welcome.

Hi Mike, that sounds " official ". careful with that NDA, buddy Wink

I love my Kronos,of course. However, there is always room for more love
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumors, Greg. I said, "likely."

I'll sign an NDA, if I can work on the prototype. Very Happy

Last edited by Mike Conway on Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Conway wrote:
Rumors, Greg. I said, "likely."

all righty, Predicting the future is another topic. FYI, I am no bueno at predicting
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it's not so much a matter of "perpetual enhancement" than a matter of presence and paying attention toward Kronos' people.

Of course, the Kronos is THE "big one". And many people do wonderful job with it. We all enjoy its capabilities.

Personnaly I don't suffer this kind of "always-something-new syndrom" which seems to be the musical gear tendency, nowadays.

To my opinion, the biggest problem and weakness stands on the absence of dialog, an absolute emptiness coming - or rather not coming - from Korg Teams.

Yet, it would be not too complicated for them to open a special thread in this forum for example, reserved for Korg development team, or directly on the Korg website, where they could inform us about issues, corrections, enhancements. Just for showing us that they have heard us and pay attention to our difficulties.

Some brands are doing that and the customers enjoy it.

Because their name is "Korg", perhaps they beleive the company is the "King" and cannot die. If it's the case, it's a terrible fault. Korg company can actually die if they go on scroning the "poor" customers we are.

So, if someone from Korg team reads this post, I'm saying to you "Show you are considering us : speak to all of us, it's not hard to do. Simply open an official thread here and regularly post news about the most important subjects we are speaking of."

So, what I'm saying can be summarize in one word "CO-MU-NI-CA-TION" !!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liviou2004 wrote:
Actually, it's not so much a matter of "perpetual enhancement" than a matter of presence and paying attention toward Kronos' people.

Of course, the Kronos is THE "big one". And many people do wonderful job with it. We all enjoy its capabilities.

Personnaly I don't suffer this kind of "always-something-new syndrom" which seems to be the musical gear tendency, nowadays.

To my opinion, the biggest problem and weakness stands on the absence of dialog, an absolute emptiness coming - or rather not coming - from Korg Teams.

Yet, it would be not too complicated for them to open a special thread in this forum for example, reserved for Korg development team, or directly on the Korg website, where they could inform us about issues, corrections, enhancements. Just for showing us that they have heard us and pay attention to our difficulties.

Some brands are doing that and the customers enjoy it.

Because their name is "Korg", perhaps they beleive the company is the "King" and cannot die. If it's the case, it's a terrible fault. Korg company can actually die if they go on scroning the "poor" customers we are.

So, if someone from Korg team reads this post, I'm saying to you "Show you are considering us : speak to all of us, it's not hard to do. Simply open an official thread here and regularly post news about the most important subjects we are speaking of."

So, what I'm saying can be summarize in one word "CO-MU-NI-CA-TION" !!

I agree , Fred. I have asserted that the NDA's at Korg have prohibited natural dialogue between Korg, the corporate entity, and us, the customer.

I recall Korg wants their end customers to communicate to their retailers, and possibly the country distributors for certain important issues such as 'ongoing product enhancements '.

The reality is this is an empty solution for the customer. Retailers and country distributors will not specifically comment or provide anything enlightening on that important topic.

I understand no one wants to be fired for breaking , or being perceived for breaking s company/employer rule. Or breaking a long time business relationship with a Korg.

If this is the primary issue, this " communicationblock " can be solved.

Korg can amend their NDA's.

As I noted above, Roland, Yamaha and Nord don't have a problem talking directly to their end customers.

Yes sir. Communication. I like it.
They have figured it out.
HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I apologize if my post yesterday was a bit snippy. Sorry, Greg, and everyone else. I'm kinda grumpy because of a work injury that led to a pinched nerve and I can't play my synths right now -- well, not without considerable pain in my arm. Tough to even type, but I'm managing it.

Second, re communication from Korg. Does anyone else remember somebody saying they wrote a letter or email to the president of Korg Inc. and got an actual reply in return? I recall that... could have been quite a few years ago, and maybe I made it up or misremembered. But if that is true, maybe we can organize a group campaign to address the grievances you folk are having. Polite, considerate, focused and sincere campaign.

Because the few employees that do visit this forum, they're not in charge. They don't get much say in what happens. At best, they can share info they read here up the chain, and maybe that might help sometimes. But if you really want Korg to do better, you're gonna have to aim a lot higher than the designers and typical customer service reps. You gotta aim for the people who are responsible for the company's overall business.

Just a thought... (and I'm not one to organize these things...but maybe some of you are...)
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember to have been lucky to meet Michel Deuchst some years ago : he was and still is a very helpful, and also a very attentive guy to the suggestions made by people who had bought one of the Korg products.
He is not the only one, and here in this forum, many who are linked professionnaly with Korg help us every day, but sometimes it is very difficult to have the real opportunity and much time to talk to them.

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardSync wrote:
First, I apologize if my post yesterday was a bit snippy. Sorry, Greg, and everyone else. I'm kinda grumpy because of a work injury that led to a pinched nerve and I can't play my synths right now -- well, not without considerable pain in my arm. Tough to even type, but I'm managing it.

Second, re communication from Korg. Does anyone else remember somebody saying they wrote a letter or email to the president of Korg Inc. and got an actual reply in return? I recall that... could have been quite a few years ago, and maybe I made it up or misremembered. But if that is true, maybe we can organize a group campaign to address the grievances you folk are having. Polite, considerate, focused and sincere campaign.

Because the few employees that do visit this forum, they're not in charge. They don't get much say in what happens. At best, they can share info they read here up the chain, and maybe that might help sometimes. But if you really want Korg to do better, you're gonna have to aim a lot higher than the designers and typical customer service reps. You gotta aim for the people who are responsible for the company's overall business.

Just a thought... (and I'm not one to organize these things...but maybe some of you are...)

hey brother, I never notice the snip. Conversely, I am good at making some people cranky. Wink

I am the instigator of "write a letter to the CEO/President/Board of Sony Japan "

I provided all the contact info. And no email. Forget that.

I also recall someone said my idea made no sense, it was dumb, etc etc etc

Funny how its difficult to gain agreement Wink

I 100% agree with you. The worker bees have next to zero influence at Korg Japan.

No one at Korg is going to take my topic on the " Internet " seriously.

However. Point of my post is to check in with Kronos owners. To see if they support OS enhancement to Kronos.

A simple Yes . Or a simple No.

Are 'enough ' Kronos owners serious about wanting OS product enhancement ?

Thats my question.
HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
However. Point of my post is to check in with Kronos owners. To see if they support OS enhancement to Kronos.

A simple Yes . Or a simple No.

Are 'enough ' Kronos owners serious about wanting OS product enhancement ?

Thats my question.

Yes, then. In the interest of someone who wants to own a Kronos, and staying on topic, I say yes.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you !

And this is my plan.

If I gather/see a volume of YES, I will correspond with the Korg Japan Board[ CEO, president etc]

Conversely, if Kronos owners are not interested, motivated, what have you, that concludes the effort.

Throughout my life, career, one has to assert what they want, what they believe they deserve.

Getting improvement does not happen automatically. One has to work for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: