Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triton Extreme (sustain pedal intermittent problem)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dennisdalling69

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:55 pm    Post subject: Triton Extreme (sustain pedal intermittent problem) Reply with quote

I just bought an 88 key Korg Triton Extreme (first operating system--I don't think ever been upgraded). It also did NOT include a sustain pedal, so I purchased an M-AUDIO SP2 universal sustain pedal from Amazon, but when that wasn't working, I bought a universal sustain pedal universal 'Soraco' brand (includes Korg compatibility per Amazon. My third attempt was to actually go KORG, and bought a DS1H. But the problem still exists.

The Issue:
during play, it intermittently stops working.
To reconnect pedal:
Sometimes, I have to step on the pedal before plugging in.
Sometimes, I have to turn off/on with my foot on the pedal
eventually, after a combination of attempts mentioned above, it starts working again.
And on a rare occasion, it will kick in and start working again, mid playing)
Please help
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sustain/Damper pedals are usually simple switches. Either the contacts are open or they are closed. The exceptions are the pedals with half pedal capability, like the DS1H, which presents with an intermediate resistance between the jack plug contacts. It sounds like an intermittent connection. Testing the pedal is fairly straightforward, using a multimeter. If the pedal and cable are both checked and proved to be OK, then the issue is within the keyboard itself. Checking this is probably best left to a technician, though it is possible to clean the jack plug and socket contacts using a contact cleaner like Deoxit or Servisol Super 10.

dennisdalling69

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. How do i find a local technician? The Korg website of authorized repair centers was not helpful. not single one had a valid phone number. And per the Korg website, the 88 TE is disontinued and not supported. So what are my options.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without a location, it's not easy to help. If the web doesn't produce any useful info, one suggestion is to contact your local music instrument store.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: