Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Style Elements Programing order
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:45 am    Post subject: Style Elements Programing order Reply with quote

Hi,
I have a factory style (4/4) that I use for my performances (Pa4X).
It starts with Intro 1 and then Variation 2.

Now I want to insert a Fill 2 between Intro 1 and V2,
that means, after Intro 1 I need to switch to Fill 2 and then to V2.

I imported the style (Shift + Export) into my DAW, edited the way I wanted by separating the Style Elements by markers (Intro 1 > Fill2 > V2).

I imported the result into my Pa4X (Shift + Import), tested but it's not playing in the order I arranged in my DAW.
After the Intro 1 it switches directly to V2, not playing Fill2 , not good.

Is it possible to do so?
If possible , I would appreciate any help/input to achieve this job.

Thanks.

Last edited by BR on Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just extend intro1,put intro1+fill both in intro 1 if they both use same sounds.
This way you can jump to v2 by letting the whole intro (including fill) play,
or just after intro part ,press v2 and jump there (without fill).

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BR,
DAW markers have nothing to do with how Style elements are being played on the keyboard. It doesn't matter in what order you place the markers in your DAW. Those markers are just meant to separate different elements (of any order), so when you shift-import , everything will be imported in one go. That's all there's to it.

I would save that style in a user slot. Import both Intro 1 and Fill 1 in your DAW. Get rid of the marker for Fill 1 and edit the whole thing as Intro 1. Factory styles have short intros, so I don't think you'll max out the 32 bar limitation. (There's a workaround for that too).

Once your edits are complete:

1) Import that midi into Intro 1. Don't hold shift. It's just one sequence anyway. Now the whole Intro 1 is gonna play out the way you wanted.

or

2) If you don't use Intro 3, import that modified Intro 1 in Intro 3. This way, you have the original Intro 1 and the edited version all within the same style.

BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks korg 1 & Sam for your replies.

Sam, I did as you suggested, edited, combined the Intro and Fill and imported the file as Intro 1 into Pa4X and it worked.
The only thing I need to correct is to change the sounds of Acc1 & Acc2 to Factory sounds (Piano + Guitar) after the Intro 1 switches to Fill 2 at exactly measure 20.

Intro 1 length: 19 measures (there are 2 audio files assigned to Acc1 & Acc2, they keep playing when switching to Fill in, not sound good)
Fill 2 length: 1 measure (all Acc's are Factory sounds)

So how can I change the sounds of Acc1 & Acc2 at the measure 20 for the Fill in?

I know how to change the sounds of Style Elements in Style record mode but I don't know how
to do it for a combined style element ( Intro + Fill in).

Thanks

Last edited by BR on Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
fResH_
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BR wrote:
Thanks korg 1 & Sam for your replies.

So how can I change the sounds of Acc1 & Acc2 at the measure 20 for the Fill in?[/b]
I know how to change the sounds of Style Elements in Style record mode but I don't know how
to do it for a combined style element ( Intro + Fill in).

Thanks

Just to be clear, so I understand your wish.
example: For your intro: 1-20 measure you have acc1&acc2 guitar and piano. For measure 21 (fill in) you want to change acc1&acc2 to brass and string for example?

I dont know if thats even possible to do in one sequence record in style rec. It will not allow you to change anything. Its to complex for this keyboard.

"Its not how good you are, its the impression you leave behind."
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fResH_ wrote:
Just to be clear, so I understand your wish.
example: For your intro: 1-20 measure you have acc1&acc2 guitar and piano?

Thanks Matthew for your reply.
No, I have 2 audio files running in Acc1 & Acc2 in Intro 1 for a duration of 19 measures.
And then I need to change the sounds of the same Acc1 & Acc2 to (Piano and Guitar) at the measure 20 (exactly at first beat)
for the Fill In which is combined at the end of Intro 1.

Quote:
I dont know if thats even possible to do in one sequence record in style rec. It will not allow you to change anything. Its to complex for this keyboard.

I don't know either regarding Pa4X but I was wondering if that can be done in a DAW through a Program Change message and then imported into Pa4X.

Last edited by BR on Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No , you can't have a program change message on the same track within the SAME style element. So in your case whatever is assgined to ACC1, that would be the only program change assignment throughout for the remaining sequence of Intro 1.

I've done arrangements like this....where a certain track stops playing at say bar 20 and another track picks up the rest of the melody with a different sound. See if there is an empty track available. If not, you could still do this by replacing the content of a track(s) that has the least musical importance. Then you can copy those measures - that require a program change- to an empty dedicated track of their own. Depending on how complex the style is, this may or may not be a simple task. Things to watch for:

1) You do not wanna mess with Guitar mode enabled tracks. Also make sure your new sound is compatible with the track type of the new track.

2) Some tracks are assigned to FX that may not be suitable for that particular sound you'd like to use

BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
... I've done arrangements like this....where a certain track stops playing at say bar 20 and another track picks up the rest of the melody with a different sound.
See if there is an empty track available... Then you can copy those measures - that require a program change- to an empty dedicated track of their own.

I have two empty available tracks and I can copy the data of the 2 tracks of Fill on it.
Now the question is how can I stop playing the Acc1 & Acc2 in Intro 1 at the end of measure 19?

Thanks

Last edited by BR on Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BR wrote:
Sam CA wrote:
... I've done arrangements like this....where a certain track stops playing at say bar 20 and another track picks up the rest of the melody with a different sound.
See if there is an empty track available... Then you can copy those measures - that require a program change- to an empty dedicated track of their own.

I have two empty available tracks and I can copy the data of the 2 tracks of Fill on it.
Now the question is how can I stop playing the Acc1 & Acc2 in Intro 1 at the end of measure 20?

Thanks

Er, erase the notes data from bar 21 to the end?
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korghelper wrote:
BR wrote:
Sam CA wrote:

Now the question is how can I stop playing the Acc1 & Acc2 in Intro 1 at the end of measure 20?

Thanks

Er, erase the notes data from bar 21 to the end?
Thanks for your reply.

Actually there was a typo on my post and I corrected.
Correction: INTRO duration is 19 measures (Bars) and FILL IN is one measure.
The total Length of INTRO and FILL IN is 20 Bars. There is nothing to delete after measure 20.

Question correction:

How can I stop playing the Acc1 & Acc2 tracks in INTRO at the end of the measure 19?
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just delete the notes from bar 19. Do not delete the bars...but the midi notes within bar 19 for those 2 tracks. So bar 19 is going to be there, but won't have any midi events for tracks ACC1 & 2.

BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
Just delete the notes from bar 19. Do not delete the bars...but the midi notes within bar 19 for those 2 tracks. So bar 19 is going to be there, but won't have any midi events for tracks ACC1 & 2.
I did delete the notes from bar 19 but I still hear the tracks Acc1 & Acc2 of INTRO keep playing during the FILL IN (the one included in INTRO).

When I check my INTRO in my DAW it has 19 bars but when I check it on Style Record > Events Edit it shows only 4 bars,
I think this is because of the two assigned audio files to Acc1 & Acc2.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BR wrote:
Sam CA wrote:
I did delete the notes from bar 19 but I still hear the tracks Acc1 & Acc2 of INTRO keep playing during the FILL IN (the one included in INTRO).

When I check my INTRO in my DAW it has 19 bars but when I check it on Style Record > Events Edit it shows only 4 bars,
I think this is because of the two assigned audio files to Acc1 & Acc2.

You can't have actual audio in your styles. Are you talking about sliced audio loops or something? Even then, there are midi notes that trigger those audio slices. Removing midi notes will stop the loop as well.

Make sure there are no midi notes in bar 19 in ACC1 & 2 tracks.

ACC1 : | bar 1 | bar 2 | .....| bar 18 | bar 19 (empty) |
ACC2 : | bar 1 | bar 2 | .....| bar 18 | bar 19 (empty) |

I can take a look at your intro midi file if you like.

korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't read the whole conversation but as i can understand,you are somehow out of tracks.

Well in case this happens,there are still some tricks you can use :

trick1 : create a new sound that could somehow match with the sound you want to add for the specific track ,let's say there is an pad on track ACC4,and you need a piano....create a new sound that has both sounds
splited,and just transpose if needed one from these two sounds so they don't play on the top of each other.

trick 2 :
assign some sounds on Pads.

trick 3 :
why don't you just press fill button after intro 1?
I don't know what doesn't sound right to you if you do that,could you give more details?

greetings

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say the audio loop is four bars long? That’s your problem, I guess. The Intro plays four bar chunks, but you want to stop in the middle of the fifth iteration (four whole loops and three bars of the fifth time round), right?

Chopping into one bar chunks would fix this, or one three bar chunk and one one bar chunk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: