Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any RUMORS of new Korg arranger (Pa5X?) in the near future?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Minneapolis Musician

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a PC and Mac-based editor of sequences through a USB connection.

PA4x harmonies, Beach Boys song: https://youtu.be/3drsnU6j8Po?t=3m25s

All songs: http://www.reverbnation.com/GlennGalen
ikspeel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want all this in the korg?1 😁
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would expect only one small (controlled) foto leak ora official info, which can give us basis to discussion on the future Korg arranger.
ikspeel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Now i be happy with a small leak 😁😁😁😁😁
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ikspeel wrote:
For Now i be happy with a small leak 😁😁😁😁😁

Is the photo in the link I made reference to back on Page:4 of this thread the small leak ???
ikspeel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No No No
fResH_
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im still working with my pa3x. I dont see the need yet to upgrade for pa4x when you are creating your own stuff (custom samples). Pa3x and pa4x have mutch the same editing features for this if you dont count the RAM difference. Even if upgrading and loading my stuff and work with it in the new board. It wont sound any mutch different. The loading time is not a huge difference to save time. They are still to slow.

So back to the pa5x story. I dont see it comming out anytime soon 2020-2021. maybe in 2-4 years they will announce a new modell? And with all this said. there is a BIG whish list topic soft/hardware for KORG to go thrue and pick up the important stuff already for years to come.

"Its not how good you are, its the impression you leave behind."
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 4x is about 10 times faster than the 3x on everything except the boot time which is still faster and the screen is so much better. I spent more time calibrating the stupid 3x screen and it takes less time to load an entire set of over 1.3gb on the 4x than it does to load 1 sound thats under 2mb on the 3x.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES, for me the screen is much much better....
The touch screen on the PA4X is capacitive responding like an iPad whereas the PA3X is resistive responding better to a stylus pen or finger nail.

I much prefer the PA4X screen - wish I could change my Kronos to capacitive!!!

P Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
piotrek_muzyk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fResH_ wrote:
Im still working with my pa3x. I dont see the need yet to upgrade for pa4x when you are creating your own stuff (custom samples). Pa3x and pa4x have mutch the same editing features for this if you dont count the RAM difference. Even if upgrading and loading my stuff and work with it in the new board. It wont sound any mutch different. The loading time is not a huge difference to save time. They are still to slow.

So back to the pa5x story. I dont see it comming out anytime soon 2020-2021. maybe in 2-4 years they will announce a new modell? And with all this said. there is a BIG whish list topic soft/hardware for KORG to go thrue and pick up the important stuff already for years to come.

I owned all Korg instruments PA1x Pa2x Pro Pa3x 76. Now I have PA4x and it is definitely better than Pa3. Sound, OS, Screen, performance, speed of work are all much better
fResH_
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="piotrek_muzyk"]
fResH_ wrote:

I owned all Korg instruments PA1x Pa2x Pro Pa3x 76. Now I have PA4x and it is definitely better than Pa3. Sound, OS, Screen, performance, speed of work are all much better

Yes I get that, but in the end it will still sound the same by 90%.
The interessting thing for me that you mention is the speed of work are mutch faster. Need to look at this. Because thats the only reason for me to even upgrade. In the end my package will still sound the same to 95% just reloaded to a newer keyboard.

Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another way to think about this is, how much do you think you will lose by selling your PA3X, and buying a new PA4X?

Rather than do that, consider taking that money, and buying another arranger by a different manufacturer. You will now have a keyboard with 100% different sounds, different styles, and different capabilities to slave to your PA3X and probably get a far more noticeable difference than just upgrading to the PA4X...

Trading up will possibly cost you $1500+ depending on condition (unless you buy a used PA4X), that’s pretty close to what a Yamaha SX900 or 700 will cost, or a good used BK-9 or even a new EA7.

Instead of just a few sounds and styles brand new, ALL of them! And you still get to keep your familiar Korg as well. Worth thinking about...
fResH_
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Korghelper. I get your point and I agree.

Dont get me wrong here.
If I could i would chooce Yamaha everyday before KORG, BUT its not in the same leage when you want programing functions and allowens of custom make. And the easy of use in this area like KORG is. I think Yamaha (genos) is a better sounding keyboard than KORG which is subjectiv. And would make a big difference in better sounding of my styles etc.

So for the history I will stick with KORG. Dont worry Im not over hyped and will not buy a pa4x, what I need versuse whats offered does not weigh over.
Summum: pa3x to pa4x I dont see the need for upgrade.
pa800/2x to 4x sure I can see.

Korghelper wrote:
Another way to think about this is, how much do you think you will lose by selling your PA3X, and buying a new PA4X?

Rather than do that, consider taking that money, and buying another arranger by a different manufacturer. You will now have a keyboard with 100% different sounds, different styles, and different capabilities to slave to your PA3X and probably get a far more noticeable difference than just upgrading to the PA4X...

Trading up will possibly cost you $1500+ depending on condition (unless you buy a used PA4X), that’s pretty close to what a Yamaha SX900 or 700 will cost, or a good used BK-9 or even a new EA7.

Instead of just a few sounds and styles brand new, ALL of them! And you still get to keep your familiar Korg as well. Worth thinking about...

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great comments and suggestions.
I am hanging out for Yamaha (or someone) to produce a competitive arranger.
Yamaha make superb keyboards - I have owned many in the past - arrangers up to and including the PSR6700 then Korg released the i2 and revolutionised the arranger world.
I wish Yamaha would "professionalise" (if there's such a word) the Genos and make it more performance and recording friendly.
Genos sounds are excellent but styles and its OS very average.
I personally have always loved the Ketron Audya and would have bought one way back when it was released but there is absolutely no support here in my country plus it sells at a totally unreasonable and unacceptable price.
Roland have given up on arrangers.
Casio released their TOTL workstation arranger (MZ-X500) which is quite amazing but not in the Korg/Yamaha league

It's all subjective guys and in the hands, ears and eyes of the beholder.
Right now, I couldn't be more content with my PA4X, Kronos and Jupiter-80 - this is the most amazing combination I've ever owned

Take is easy
Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
ikspeel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have genos and pa4x
Genos great Keyboard
Pa4x Great Keyboard
But pa5x will be the greatest Keyboard 😁😁
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: