Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone use those compact line mixers with their Volca ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Irishluck

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject: Anyone use those compact line mixers with their Volca ? Reply with quote

I’ve got four Volcas and have them all in a stand I made and run them all through my mixer when I use them. But lately at night I’ve had the urge to just grab two of em and tinker with them kicking back on the couch. And I don’t really want to involve the mixer. Takes up a lot of space and the time it takes to get it all hooked up kinda kills the mood since it’s usually just a spontaneous thing. The outputs of these were so poorly planned it seems. I’ve played guitar for years and dabbled in making pedals. So I can solder well and have a crap ton of all sorts of cords I’ve made. I think I enjoy making ones that can solve problems or make things easier. So I’ve been thinking there has to be a way to play two Volcas and hear both through headphones and not have to use a mixer. At least a large one.
I had two ideas. One was use one of those mini line mixers I’ve seen around on Sweetwater, Guitar Center, and Amazon. Begringer makes a few and there’s a couple other makers I keep seeing...Rolls, Nady and a few others I’ve never heard of. Some are passive mixers and some use power. Some are mono and some stereo and mono. Has anyone used any of these? They seem like they would be a good little solution to just wanting to combine the audio of two or up to four units and plug headphone into it and save all the hassle of using a larger mixer.

Another idea I had involves summing a stereo signal to mono using a summing cable with resistors. Which I’ve used for several different things and never had any problems. But my idea is a little different and I have a feeling it wouldn’t work for some reason. I’m sure someone here can verify this. Now this is just an idea to make it really easy to just play two Volca units and hear both in headphones. Instead of summing the left and right of one Volca (which left and right is the same on most Volcas anyway)would it be possible to sum the left and right from two different units? Doesn’t necessarily have to be right and left. Just one from each Volca. Putting the proper resistors in place when combining two signals into one input. That way you’d be hearing both units. I feel like this idea wouldn’t work. Not sure why. It’s really not much different than summing a left and right signal into a summed mono signal, except for the fact they’re from different sources. But that’s where I’m guessing the problem will be. Do they have to be from the same output source to be able to sum them safely and effectively?

Does anyone have a quick easy way to play two units and hear both through headphones without a mixer? Or anyone here use one of those mini line mixers with any success?
Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: