Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos USB audio input/output

View previous topic :: View next topic  
the_lost_islander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject: Korg Kronos USB audio input/output Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have a question about the USB input/output on my Kronos.

Is there a way to avoid that the audio which goes through the USB input reaches the USB output when it gets sent back? I haven't found a way to configure that...

I usually connect my MacBook to the Kronos via USB and record using Logic.
Logic input and output settings are set to Kronos and the local control on my Kronos switched off. My headphones are directly connected to my Kronos so that I get no latency. When I want to record a midi track I usually create an external midi track and that's it.

The only issue I have with this setup is that when I enable the 'click' in Logic, which is sent via USB to my Kronos, it gets recorded in any audio track I create in Logic or in any other recording application on my Mac simply because the audio is sent back to Logic via the Kronos USB out.

It would be cool if the Kronos would be able to get any audio coming from USB but not necessarily sending it back. Do you know if there's a way to avoid that?

Thank you.
pedro5
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trick here is to seperate the audio into different streams on a mac.
This used to be a problem for many in the past,untill High Sierra helped tp
sort things out.

Prior to this os update,there were several workarounds with different permutations within a mac audio/midi settings etc.
Also by using the Soundflower app...or similar, which helped resolve most
problems.

Many gave up and bought external audio interfaces,anyway.

However,in your case,by monitoring via headphones on the Kronos does
present an extra problem.

It may be possible by using the Soundflower app...????

Have a look at that and try further experimentation.

Hope this helps.

Best Wishes.
the_lost_islander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Pedro5 for your reply. I totally see your point. I have installed an app similar to Soundflower called ‘Loopback’. The essence is the same. You’re able to record from any source and get any mix. As you mentioned I believe that my main problem is that I’m currently monitoring via headphones from the Kronos. I love it since there’s no latency at all Smile

I will try to see if monitoring via the Loopback application introduces any substantial latency. Will give it a try. It it doesn’t work I’ll rely on an external audio interface...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: