Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bass Polyphony Control Mod Options?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DocSpock

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:59 pm    Post subject: Bass Polyphony Control Mod Options? Reply with quote

So I did a cursory search on the forums and did not see this addressed, but apologies if it has been. The Volca Bass is obviously triphonic, but of all my research there is no midi control options for multiple use of the three VCOs. I accepted this until today when perusing the forums and seeing all the cool tricks people were up to.

So if midi can only send one channel at a time, and the VCOs are not distinctly chained to individual channels, it makes sense that there can be no workaround on a purely software level. But has anyone the schematic knowledge of the board to understand if the VCOs could be triggered distinctly by a source other than the internal sequencer? Is it simply an option Korg did not want to hassle with, or are the three VCOs running on a different logic of voltage than something so cut and dry?

I don't have the time or skills to go under the hood at the moment, but just curious if this is at all possible to give me hope for later. Ideally I would run a polyphonic arpeggiator like StepPolyArp Unit.

Thanks, all!
LM

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The oscillators are controlled internally by the microprocessor via a couple of PWM signals (for each oscillator) for octave and note. It would probably be a lot easier to rewrite the unit's firmware, rather than try to inject an external source of control into the circuit (which would also require writing code for another microcontroller).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: