Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

making new pads

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mazydazydinah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject: making new pads Reply with quote

Hi there, still in a bit of lockdown here so using the time to make a few pads but, can you only choose one instruement when making a new pad. Is there any way to use more for each pad.

also is there a way to convert Yamaha pads to Korg for the pa4x. I saw in the back forum search someone explaining it for the pa600 but that was in 2013 and I wondered if this had changed with the advances of the 4x (that explanation didn;t work on here I must add) well not for me.

My body is not getting much excercise but my brain is on fire. lol

Marion Very Happy
taichi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I have been playing around with PADS for a few days. My favourite at the moment is the simplest, a nice single pad of my choice with piano across the whole keyboard. Lovely.

But to your question please look at page 256 of the Pa4X manual. I have copied some here for you.

Assigning Sounds to the Style Element and Pads While in Style Record.

You can assign different Sounds to each Style Element. These Sounds are used when the Original Sound Set parameter (that you can access in the Style Play > Main > Volume pane, when the accompaniment tracks are shown) is checked. Sounds assigned to the Style Settings are ignored.

Assigning different Sounds to each Style Element can be useful when you want, for example, to play a song’s section or a single part with a different set of instruments.

Pads only have a single Style Element and track, so there is a single Sound for the whole Pad.

Is the last paragraph what you asked ?

Take care
mazydazydinah

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject: pads Reply with quote

Yes Taichai, I thought that was the case. Yamaha have more I think, but then I suppose you could make one voice , by filling in all four pads so they harmonized. Then it would be the same as the Yamaha ones. Don't know how you sinc start all four together though.

Don.t suppose you know how to convert the Yamaha ones do you.

Marion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: