Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SNG. file saved to USB. File exists with nothing in it

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xus75

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject: SNG. file saved to USB. File exists with nothing in it Reply with quote

I have 2 stories here:

1. While working on a sequence, I saved my SNG file as always. Next day, after powering up my M3, I click on the SNG file (its there on the USB, normal), but when I load, nothing actually loads. If I go into sequencer its like nothing ever saved. What could be going on. I´ve lost the song twice now.

2. I saved some WAV samples from my Korg M3 to the USB, turned off the keyboard and took my USB to my computer. After deleting the WAV (TAKE 00, TAKE 01, etc.) files from the USB, I plugged the USB back to the M3 and booted up. The WAV. files came back. How is this possible? I deleted those files from my USB using my computer.
HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: SNG. file saved to USB. File exists with nothing in it Reply with quote

xus75 wrote:
I have 2 stories here:

1. While working on a sequence, I saved my SNG file as always. Next day, after powering up my M3, I click on the SNG file (its there on the USB, normal), but when I load, nothing actually loads. If I go into sequencer its like nothing ever saved. What could be going on. I´ve lost the song twice now.

Assuming you are saving the song properly (either Save ALL, Save PCG & SEQ, or Save SEQ) the only thing I can think of is that Song Memory Protect is turned on in Global mode. Check the System Preferences tab. If Song protect is not checked, then maybe something is wrong with your USB drive? How is it formatted? Is it new? I believe it needs to be a FAT32 format... but I'm just tossing out ideas...

xus75 wrote:
2. I saved some WAV samples from my Korg M3 to the USB, turned off the keyboard and took my USB to my computer. After deleting the WAV (TAKE 00, TAKE 01, etc.) files from the USB, I plugged the USB back to the M3 and booted up. The WAV. files came back. How is this possible? I deleted those files from my USB using my computer.

I'm not really sure. I guess ensure that the files are not locked. You'll see a lock icon on those if they are locked when you are looking at the usb drive when it's attached to the M3. Also, sorry for the obvious thing, but ensure that you are deleting the wav files from the appropriate folder. It's really easy to save something into the wrong folder on the M3. I've done this plenty of times, expecting to find something in one folder and finding it somewhere else in a folder I didn't intend to save it to. LOL. The other option is to delete those files on the M3 and not the PC. Should that make any difference? No... but .... ??
xus75

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnak you HardSync. Will try your suggestioins tonight and will post my feedback for the benefit of the forum. Thnak you again.
Xavier
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: