Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

no updates

View previous topic :: View next topic  
al urezzio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:53 pm    Post subject: no updates Reply with quote

I am a korg pa 3x owner ..was not hip to the this korg site before i bought my PA3X . or i would have realized a new one was about to happen ..ive worked my way up from the pa50 , pa800 ,then the pa3x ..right after purchasing it , the pa4x came out .. i wasn't upset with the new keyboard coming out , i was upset that the updates for the pa3x stop ..i understand why but it still bothered me ..today i noticed years after the pa4x came out ,they are still doing updates & new styles for the pa4x ..how fair is that . i am a senior citizen ,on a very fixed income .i just can not afford to buy a new keyboard again ... this is just me expressing my sour grapes .. so what i will ask is if anyone has converted pa4x styles to a 3x ,i love to have them , please email them in a zip file .
alurezzio@gmail.com .and if any pa3x user need any styles i have saved many of the styles ,over 50 files full of styles , id be happy to share them .. maybe when they come out with a pa5x ill get a new one ..start saving my nickels & dimes ..
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Al

The one thing I loved about my PA3X was its stability after its final update.
We haven't had PA4X updates for over 12 months and I would strongly expect that they will stop when a new model is released.

With regard to converted PA4X styles - that is not a straight forward job.
I believe someone has done it for a few styles in these forums and hopefully they will respond to you here.
Be careful of any 3rd party (or converted) data for PA3X as they can cause unpleasant problems - triple check the source and details of the origin of the data.

If Korg announce a new model tomorrow, I will be considering it in no less than 12-18 months after.

If you ever get those dimes together, the PA4X is worth every one IMHO.

Take care

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
al urezzio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:47 pm    Post subject: a Korg lover Reply with quote

Pete , thanks for the Reply ..i do love my 3x . i will be 70 yrs old in a few months ,been a musicians out playing since i was 11 yrs old ..i started out playing drums.the switch to keyboards in the early 80's .ive been mixing up my live performances between Retirement Living Facilities & a few Restaurants .I play on the average 15 a month .before the virus shut everything down it was over 25 .. but i am not sure how long i can keep this up ..i went for the $$$ & bought a second pa3x that i keep in my studio .. my gigging equipment never leaves my car .. though it hurt the pocketbook it has really saved me physically ..my studio is on the 2nd floor , and i am a music freak & play all day & night everyday.. but i recently told my wife , when i realize its time to stop playing out , i will sell both the 3x & get whatever the latest Korg will be .. by the way , i love this site , so many are so wonderful people freely exchanging information all the time , it just great .. i would appreciate you going to https://www.reverbnation.com/alurezzio and listen to my original music .. thanks again for the reply
Keymn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: no updates Reply with quote

al urezzio wrote:
I am a korg pa 3x owner ..was not hip to the this korg site before i bought my PA3X . or i would have realized a new one was about to happen ..ive worked my way up from the pa50 , pa800 ,then the pa3x ..right after purchasing it , the pa4x came out .. i wasn't upset with the new keyboard coming out , i was upset that the updates for the pa3x stop ..i understand why but it still bothered me ..today i noticed years after the pa4x came out ,they are still doing updates & new styles for the pa4x ..how fair is that . i am a senior citizen ,on a very fixed income .i just can not afford to buy a new keyboard again ... this is just me expressing my sour grapes .. so what i will ask is if anyone has converted pa4x styles to a 3x ,i love to have them , please email them in a zip file .
alurezzio@gmail.com .and if any pa3x user need any styles i have saved many of the styles ,over 50 files full of styles , id be happy to share them .. maybe when they come out with a pa5x ill get a new one ..start saving my nickels & dimes ..

The only way to update and use the latest Pa4x next styles is to use
KorgPa manager. It converts the latest Pa4x bonusware to PA3x. I own the PA3x and I think it is a workhorse Keyboard. I will continue to use it on gigs while my pa1000 will stay home which I do style creation And practice on. Then Use paManager to convert. It does not convert perfect, may need some tweaking on mix or sound choice?
Keymn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: no updates Reply with quote

al urezzio wrote:

The only way to update and use the latest Pa4x next styles is to use
KorgPa manager. It converts the latest Pa4x bonusware to PA3x. I own the PA3x and I think it is a workhorse Keyboard. I will continue to use it on gigs while my pa1000 will stay home which I do style creation And practice on. Then Use paManager to convert. It does not convert perfect, may need some tweaking on mix or sound choice?
Veren

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

They could not be bothered then and now...they stopped updates long before the replacement was out.

Updates & support for newer stuff was/is a joke with regards to PA3x.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: