Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions about setting up and recording Midi on Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blazerunner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:30 pm    Post subject: Questions about setting up and recording Midi on Kronos Reply with quote

Hello I'm back with another question and as you've probably guessed it's about the sequencer again.

So this time I'm curious if I can lay down a midi track with the sequencer and then midi out that track to another keyboard and then record it as an audio track back into the Kronos's sequencer.

What I want to do is I need to layer 2 piano's from an external keyboard over each other it's a Nord and Nord doesn't like letting you do that. So I have to layer them the hard way by recording one take and then the other on top of it separately.

I've tried it but my timing is sometimes off just slightly it's a very technical track.

My idea was to record the arrangement with the krono midi and then play it out into the Nord and record it to audio and then do the same with the other piano I want off the keyboard that way they'll be exactly precise and in timing.

Is it possible to play a midi track out and record into the sequencer as audio at the same time? I don't recall seeing this in the manual but then again the way it's written it probably did but I didn't understand it.

Thanks for all future help!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have " one external " keyboard, correct ? The Nord ? which as 2 pianos you really like ?

Route your Nord audio out to the " audio in " of your Kronos.

in SEQ mode, for the " Song", Use the EXT on track parameter parameter

I don't know the MSB's/LSB's of your Nord

Kronos midi out to Nord midi in. Kronos master controls your Nord

I skipped a few steps, but wanted to get you in the ball park, in case I misunderstood your goal
blazerunner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you sir I should give it a try. I admit part of the problem is me not being all that familiar with midi or setting up midi on the Kronos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: