Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SAVE ALL SNGs to USB and re-load to Kronos from USB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickster1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:09 pm    Post subject: SAVE ALL SNGs to USB and re-load to Kronos from USB Reply with quote

This question is for people who regularly save their SNGS to USB, & then load the songs back to the Kronos via the USB.

I did a SAVE ALL last night, after formatting the USB .. and it saved all the programs, combis, drumbeats, etc etc .. but it saved only the song set (12 songs) I had loaded into the HDD. I can re-load THIS song set to the Kronos internal HDD from the USB.
I have about 150 other songs, divided into several sets.

So my question is - when you do a "SAVE ALL", does it save ALL the songs you have created or just the ones you have loaded into SEQ mode?

So I tried saving some other song sets using "SAVE SNGS" command, & if I try to re-load those back into the Kronos HD from the USB, I get a message that says,

"Wave files on this external media will not be played with sequence audiotrack playback. Copy SNG & WAVE directory to internal HDD, & load SNG from internal HDD".

Are the WAVE files that are stored under PCG for the SNG files?

I'm thinking I'm not quite understanding the architecture at work here. What am I missing?

I would like to be able to re-load all my SNG sets back to the Kronos internal HDD, not just the one song set with 12 songs in it.

Thanks folks
Rick
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rick,

To can load the song with AUDI tracks in SEQ will need to copy the SNG and the Folder with same name _A on internal SSD. For example if your song with audio data was save on the external USB Media under the name NEWFILE.SNG , be sure that will have the NEWFILE_A folder in the same disk. To can load it in the seq mod will need to copy the NEWFILE_A in the internal SSD then load the SNG.
Hope this help.

The songs and SYSex data will be save in the SNG file. Audio Wav files will be save in the folder Xxx_A
rickster1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Audio tracks, only MIDI. Does that make a difference?
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you start rec on the audio tracks by fault, even no recorded anything, the folder for audio was created. Open the SNG and try to load each song one by one. If the pop up will open and ask "With Region Data" please don't select it.
rickster1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Stesco wrote:
If you start rec on the audio tracks by fault, even no recorded anything, the folder for audio was created. Open the SNG and try to load each song one by one. If the pop up will open and ask "With Region Data" please don't select it.

Dan ... I don't have any audio tracks, they're all MIDI, but I followed your instructions with another song set - copied & pasted the SNG file after the file _A. It worked. Thanks!

The first song set I saved with SAVE ALL was uploadable directly from the USB.. I was just trying to do that with the other song sets.

The WAVE files are in the directory labeled NEWFILE_A or whatever you label the file ? Thanks for your help!
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="rickster1"]
Dan Stesco wrote:

The WAVE files are in the directory labeled NEWFILE_A or whatever you label the file ? Thanks for your help!

Hi again!
The folder_A have the same label with your SNG file. For example if you save the SEQ with name COVER.SNG the wav files will be saved in the folder COVER_A.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: