Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

storing kronos in case (pic)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsimon665

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject: storing kronos in case (pic) Reply with quote

I just got a case for one of my keyboards, a Kronos 61 and was thinking of storing on its end (lengthwise up). Not sure if this is a good idea? Has anyone had problems with storing keyboards in this way?

From my research it seems like not a good idea.
But some did it with no problems.
Although...honestly I think companies store their inventory this way.

One point was not to store it in a way where there's pressure on the keys. Another consideration was where the power supply or other heavy parts were - to store with those lowest to the ground.

There were a few ways people stored them - flat, on one end (lengthwise up), or on the "back" (widthwise up).

Lengthwise would be similar to how many people store guitars.
It would be convenient, but a Kronos seems more prone to damage than a guitar in this instance.

KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I would not place my K2 88 on its side because it is much heavier and I'm sure the action won't like it, but your 61 might be OK stored vertically for not too long. But if you think you won't use your 61 for several months, I would definitely store it horizontally.
Docflick

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. The only keyboard in recent years I stored vertically, in a soft case, was my Yamaha Montage 6 – and only for a few months.

Now, it's probably just a coincidence, but the touchscreen stopped responding to touch after I took it out of storage. It is the only keyboard, Yamaha or otherwise, that I've had to send away for repair under warranty.

Now, I have no evidence that storing it vertically caused this ... or if it could cause such a malfunction. Nonetheless, I'm not going to be storing any of my boards that way in the future ...
Current: Kronos 61 Titanium, Yamaha Montage 6, Roland Fantom, Dexibell Vivo S7 Pro, MPC Live II; Previous: Kronos 73 SE and 2 88, Yamaha Motif 6, XF, EX5, SY77, DX7 (x2), CP33, Roland JP-50, Alesis QS8
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A KronosX 61 often gets "put away" standing on its end, with no adverse effects so far. The same with several other keyboards, mostly Korg. No issues from those either.
dsimon665

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
A KronosX 61 often gets "put away" standing on its end, with no adverse effects so far. The same with several other keyboards, mostly Korg. No issues from those either.

cool...do you put them in a bag or have some padding? I've seen pics of people who have a lot of keyboards just leaning them against the wall.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If reconfiguring the studio, leaning up against a wall is fine. Gigging is a different matter. A proper flight case is the best option. The cases can still be stood up on end, but but consider the risk of it being knocked over.

Stephen.m3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:11 pm    Post subject: Kronos Hard Case Reply with quote

Dear All,

Has any one have Gator Hard Case for Kronos 2 (61 Key) Keyboard.
If so can you please post pics.

Thanks,
Stephen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: