Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"File Unavailable" error when loading a PCG file

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timg11

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:35 pm    Post subject: "File Unavailable" error when loading a PCG file Reply with quote

I needed to add some wave sequences and drum patterns to my Kronos.

I saved All to a PCG and copied the file to my computer.
With PCGtools I copied the desired drum patterns and pasted into the corresponding slots in my PCG bank.
Then I saved the PCG file with a new name.

When I load the modified PCG file, it goes through the normal stages:
1) Scanning and loading the banks
2) "Now Writing into Internal Memory" 0 - 100%

Then a dialog appears "File Unavailable"

If I go back to my pre-modification PCG version, it loads without the error.

Is there some data or file related to Drum Patterns or Wave Sequences that is not included in the PCG file?

Edit - I copied the PCG with the wave sequences and drum patterns to the Kronos. I opened it in the disk browser, and navigated to the desired wave sequences and drum patterns. I loaded them one by one and saved into the Kronos. This process worked without error.

Still curious of the meaning of "File Unavailable" after performing the same process with PCGtools. I rarely use 3rd party wave sequences and drum patterns, so I could be missing something on the procedure.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: "File Unavailable" error when loading a PCG fi Reply with quote

timg11 wrote:

Still curious of the meaning of "File Unavailable" after performing the same process with PCGtools. I rarely use 3rd party wave sequences
and drum patterns, so I could be missing something on the procedure.

This message appears rarely when saved data are corrupted and can happen if you use external editors but also has happened to me while
internal procedure , maybe because of instant power fluctuation while saving data !
But this also can be happened if you save directly PCG to external media and save it to your computer , where extra policy meta data can be
written to file that can't be recognized by Linux.
If you will try this procedure again in Kronos SSD(s) and then copy to external media , I'm sure that will finish correctly !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: