Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with volca and low sound

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karhart

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject: Problems with volca and low sound Reply with quote

Hi! New poster here.

I just bought a Volca Keys to control from my Keystep. I am however experiencing problems. I will list my problems and the order of my devices.

My setup is as follows.

Arturia Keystep -> MIDI -> Volca Keys -> 3.5mm to tele (mono) -> Zoom CDR70 -> stereo tele into mono tele -> Behringer Xenyx 502 -> stereo tele via main out -> converted to tele mono -> Behringer UMC202 HD.

The problems are this:
1: Extremely low sound. When I play on the keystep I get almost no sound. I can barely make it out. I have tried to raise the volume on the Xenyx but all I can manage are two green dots on the level indicator. No matter how much I raise it. When I press down really HARD on the the keystep the audio clips!

2: Loud noise. I have a really loud background noise, almost like an electrical current. I have no idea where it comes from, but I think that is whats interfering with the soundsignal.

I also have a Beatstep pro as follows:

BSP -> MIDI -> Volca sample -> 3.5mm to tele stereo -> Xenyx 502 .

That seems to work better, better soundsignal but still noise.

Whan can I do about this?

Sorry for bad english, not my first language. Thanks! Smile
CoffeeVolca

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Karhart,

although I can't help with a solution, this is so similar to my problem with the Keystep and Volca.

My setup is simpler: Arturia Keystep -> MIDI Out -> Volca Keys -> MIDI In.

I've tried adjusting the global parameters on the Volca, changing the pulse between 1 and 2 (Step Cool and checking the MIDI sync is on Auto.

I've adjusted the Arturia using the Midi Control Centre software to the Korg setting for the pulse and also tried on the sync switches on the rear of the Keystep between Internal and MIDI settings.

Same problems; audio clips from Keystep after a sequence is recorded. The issue seems to be at the Volca end, as requires a power off/on to reset.

Other issues, keyboard play option doesn't work, and the mod ribbon produces no effect. Seems like half the functions on the Keystep are incompatible with Volca (also tried Volca Bass).

If anyone replies with a solution it would be great Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: