Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weird echo-ey sound from Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VolkerB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:31 am    Post subject: Weird echo-ey sound from Kronos Reply with quote

Hi
I'm having a problem with a strange echo-ey sound to all sounds on my 1-year old Kronos 88 keyboard. Its like the keyboard is getting confused by some sort of patch change/reset message and then there is that problem with the sounds - a weird dopplering/echoing/phasing sound or something - its a bit hard to describe exactly. But it is on every sound on the keyboard.

I can correct it by going into Global/Midi/Midi on the Kronos and turning Local On on and off again. But as soon as I am back in Program Mode and change a patch it is back.

After a great deal of playing around I have discovered that it seems to be related to the main Joystick control in the Y direction. (Usually Vibrato) It is as if every new loaded sound is loaded with that JS+Y value at full i.e. pushed all the way up.

If, after loading the new sound, I move the joystick a bit in that up and down direction the sound corrects to normal! (Broken joystick? Logic Error?)

If anyone has any idea of a solution it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Volker
VolkerB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PROBLEM SOLVED

Hi all - I feel like a bit of an idiot - I actually have an old Korg EXP 2 Expression pedal attached to the Kronos. It doesn't get much use and its a bit creaky!

Anyway pressing the pedal up and down a few times and then making sure it is all the way up has solved the issue - the sounds are all loading normally now.

Sorry to waste peoples time - hopefully, if nothing else, this will help solve someone else's similar issue!

Volker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: