Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Styles of old Korg arrangers in direct format

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gotwald

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:06 pm    Post subject: Styles of old Korg arrangers in direct format Reply with quote

Hi,
I know I can get the styles of old Korg arrangers, as well as the ones in bonusware series, for my pa700. But I would like to have them in direct format, so that I can play them without first loading them into the user area on the Pa700.
Is there a way to get them in that direct format, or a way to convert them to that direct format easily?

Another question: I have seen on ebay two sellers of styles for korg pa700. May be almost 20,000 styles!!. Has anyone bought them? Do you know what is the origin of these styles? Are good quality? Can they be used in direct format?

Thanks a lot
Gotwald
ANDRZEJP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there'll be a 20 good styles of all 20000 Smile and he certainly didn't record all of them, there are definitely somebody else's styles and from older models.
ANDRZEJP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Styles of old Korg arrangers in direct format Reply with quote

Gotwald wrote:
Hi,
I know I can get the styles of old Korg arrangers, as well as the ones in bonusware series, for my pa700. But I would like to have them in direct format, so that I can play them without first loading them into the user area on the Pa700.
Is there a way to get them in that direct format, or a way to convert them to that direct format easily?

Another question: I have seen on ebay two sellers of styles for korg pa700. May be almost 20,000 styles!!. Has anyone bought them? Do you know what is the origin of these styles? Are good quality? Can they be used in direct format?

Thanks a lot
Gotwald

I think there'll be a 20 good styles of all 20000 Smile and he certainly didn't record all of them, there are definitely somebody else's styles and from older models.
Keymn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volumes 1-4 and mega pack (might see some duplicates) but worth the Price in my view. Lots of Schlager and world styles. I did a comparison with the Musikant and found only 3 or 4 styles not on this list.
Lamios Korg styles:

https://www.korgpastyles.com/apps/webstore/

This is how I look for duplicates (although, some of the duplicate names could be a different mix)...

https://youtu.be/9VeAtDO45aM
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Styles of old Korg arrangers in direct format Reply with quote

Gotwald wrote:
.. I can get the styles of old Korg arrangers, as well as the ones in bonusware series, for my pa700. But I would like to have them in direct format, so that I can play them without first loading them into the user area on the Pa700.
Is there a way to get them in that direct format, or a way to convert them to that direct format easily? ....

You can load most data from KORG Pa-Series instruments into your Pa700. Data to be used in Pa700 should be converted reliably, if hints from manual (Loading data from other instruments) are observed.

Data of direct format are user data in a SET-folder. To get data in direct format create a SET-folder with Pa700 data (Keyboard Set, Style, Pad, Voice or Guitar Preset, songbook) you want to use as direct data. Via copy, paste, load or write the selected data for direct locations (SET-folder) are filled with data from Pa700 memory.

A Direct folder has to be selected before being used with its musical resources. To do so browse though the drives and folders of Pa700 and select the SET folder to be used as the Direct set of banks.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my 700 I created a folder on the USB drive and called it DIRECT.

This way there was never any doubt where I was saving the data to.

Global > Mode Preferences > Media Page

Is where you set the Direct location.

Extra resource at the Korg UK website Korgworld

A free Songbook with c150 custom entries and Setlists. Download it and place it in the root on the USB memory stick and load it from there.

https://korgworld.co.uk/pages/pa-700-osimo-download

BTW
On the Korgworld website there are links to a Crowdcast website where Korg UK have about 20 hours of previous Webinars stored. Before the pandemic there as a Monthly Live interactive Webinar and these 20 are those. Hopefull they will start up the Webinars again.

Tip
If you have not already done so, do create a Backup file and more importantly a SaveAll file. You will need to load the SaveAll file whenever you update the OS, failure to have a current SaveAll will mean you loose all user data once you update the OS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: