Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using Kronos keyboard to control Yamaha SX900 etc.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
P-ART

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:29 pm    Post subject: Using Kronos keyboard to control Yamaha SX900 etc. Reply with quote

1. As a pianist, I hate the keyboard of my new Yamaha PSR -SX900 without weighted keys. What should I definitely adjust in the settings of my Kronos X in order to take full advantage of the sounds, chords, rhythms and styles (including the variations) of the PSR-SX900 while playing and controlling via my Kronos X keyboard? In case I only use the excellent Kronos keyboard to replace the weak keyboard of the SX900?
2. Can I take advantage of the features and qualities of my Kronos X as a workstation via MIDI to take full advantage of the incoming styles of my SX900?
3. If I want to use the stereo speakers of the SX900 while on the road to amplify the sound from the Kronos X, what should I pay attention to or what should I do so that the audio settings on the Kronos are included in the sound reproduction as well as possible on my SX900?
Thanks in advance.

Paul
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 Yes. Use a standard MIDI cable with DIN plugs on both ends between Kronos MIDI Out and SX900 MIDI In and see what happens. The Kronos keyboard by default, with Karma off, sends MIDI data out on MIDI channel 1, though enabling Karma will likely result in other MIDI channels being used, too, at least on Combis. It may also be possible to use the Kronos' control surface to alter parameters on the SX900.

2. Probably. If you mean using the SX900 styles to trigger Kronos sounds, try using a MIDI cable between the SX900 MIDI Out and the Kronos MIDI In, and see what happens. The result will depend on the MIDI channels the SX900 uses during Style play. There are 10 MIDI templates in the SX900, with settings for various scenarios. The SX900 Reference Manual gives further details.

3. An adapter cable with two 1/4" mono jack plugs to a 1/8" stereo jack plug will be needed to connect between the Kronos' L and R Line Outs and the SX900 Aux In jack. As a starting point, the Kronos' Main Volume control should be set to around 12 o' clock, and the SX900 mixer adjusted for the best sound.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: