Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Product request

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerryT

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject: Product request Reply with quote

I'm sure this has been requested many times in the past ...
A Korg module, say, one with the features of the PA4X.
I used the i5M when was released in the mid ’90’s, then went on to the i40M. Couldn’t wait ‘till the next module was introduced and jumped on the MP 10 when it came along. I was disappointed with the sound of the MP10 compared to Gem and especially the Ketron products (‘in your face’ bass and drums). Now, it seems that Korg has introduced better sounds and I know several keytar and midi accordion players who would like to see an advanced module. Ya think that an advanced Korg module is a pipe dream or could it come to fruition?
tassiespirit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Product request Reply with quote

JerryT wrote:
I'm sure this has been requested many times in the past ...
A Korg module, say, one with the features of the PA4X.
I used the i5M when was released in the mid ’90’s, then went on to the i40M. Couldn’t wait ‘till the next module was introduced and jumped on the MP 10 when it came along. I was disappointed with the sound of the MP10 compared to Gem and especially the Ketron products (‘in your face’ bass and drums). Now, it seems that Korg has introduced better sounds and I know several keytar and midi accordion players who would like to see an advanced module. Ya think that an advanced Korg module is a pipe dream or could it come to fruition?

To me Jerry this might be the right way to go in the future, as the Roland BK7m was and still is very popular with many players.

But in my mind it would save a lot of money to put more technology into the Module and upgrades than to producing a full house keyboard. That way the you can add it to your existing keyboard or synth or even midi controller away you go.

The way things are going these days it would probably work out the best for Korg and players to go the software route and put the next PA5x in as a module as software for your Ipod / Tablet so you can just connect via midi to your keyboard and go for it. I personally would love this and if they do it I would be a very happy lad. The software updates woudl be so much easier and could be done more regularly too.

What do you think?

tassiespirit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: