Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Assigning volcas to midi chnls with keystep & retrokits

View previous topic :: View next topic  
almostaltruistic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:07 am    Post subject: Assigning volcas to midi chnls with keystep & retrokits Reply with quote

Hello, I’m new to the forum, and I’m a bit new to the midi/synth game As well, but I’ve been collecting some gear for a while now. I’ve managed to gather myself the volca keys, fm, sample, and mix, and now I got an arturia keystep that I want to control them with, but I’m having a bit of trouble setting it up. I got an rk-004 from retrokits (which is a 7 way thru box essentially that also has sync, gate, and a master clock) that I’m just using as a thru box/filter for the pause/play. I got that one because I also have 2 of the rk-002 cables (the smart midi cables), one for the sample and one for the fm, and the retrokits guy said other thru boxes might have trouble powering the cables, especially if I wanted to use more than one at a time. The retrokits stuff is pretty cool, however it keeps doing weird things when I try connecting everything. At first the sample was on channel 1 and the 002 was working to modulate the pitch, but that was the only volca working and I would have to select the instruments on the sample itself. Then after trying to reprogram the 004 to make sure the settings were right the 002 of the sample seemed to stop working (no longer modulated the pitch) and then the sample took over channels 1-10. All this time I couldn’t get anything from the keys or fm. Then after trying to disconnect and reconnect everything one at a time in order, the keys and fm took over channel one together and the sample would only play instruments 2-10 on those respective channels. I really have no idea what I’m doing, and you guys may be shaking your heads at me because I’m probably/hopefully making a very simple mistake, but I can’t seem to figure out how to program/assign specific instruments to specific channels.. does anyone here have any experience with a similar setup using the keystep and some retrokits gear? I’d really appreciate any tips or advice you could give me.

Thank you!
almostaltruistic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject: Also, the rk-004 raspberry pi usb host? Reply with quote

Also, I’m curious if anyone has any experience with using the rk-004 with a raspberry pi to create a usb host? Retrokits has a disk image on their website with vague instructions on how to do it, but I have very minimal experience with pi’s as well (although I’ve been trying to learn on a 4b). I have a pi zero also so I want to try it out, just wondering if anyone here has done it already and has any wisdom they could shed on the topic. Probably not the best place to post this question, but since I’m here I figured I might give it a shot.
otzcz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject: V.Sample alt. firmware Reply with quote

Hi, this may be helpful for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq76Vr4Xm5I
Digitakt, ER-1, Volca Beats + Bass + Modular, Neutron, k-2, Microfreak, Liven XFM, Beatstep Pro, Keystep, UC-33e, few FX (Zoom G1four, Razzor DD+DS, EHX Platform+HolyStain, Samson C.com), Mackie 1202 VLZ4, pair of RCF AyraPro6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: