Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RNDIS driver in Windows 10 2004
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLIPLINE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IS there still no fix for this?

I have the same issues. Followed instructions, had to update the driver. Doesn't work and I have paid libraries I cant use now. Korg support, obviously walled off from world and only accessible via email.

Its a great little machine but for $800, no support, cant update it, cant use my sounds. First and maybe last Korg product.
toniodelyon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLIPLINE wrote:

I have the same issues. Followed instructions, had to update the driver. Doesn't work and I have paid libraries I cant use now. Korg support, obviously walled off from world and only accessible via email.

Its a great little machine but for $800, no support, cant update it, cant use my sounds. First and maybe last Korg product.

Same for me. It worked but not since 1 or 2 months
padking

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="toniodelyon"]
SLIPLINE wrote:

Same for me. It worked but not since 1 or 2 months[/quote
Had the same problem with my mac had to find the solution myself I found the latest version of HoRNDIS on google and install everything over again upgrade, librarian, new HoRNDIS. Had a post from Dan Philips asking me what version and where I got the it (HoRNDIS version) after that not a word. My first Korg was a Triton Le, TR, M3, Kronos, Wavestate. The synths have change but customer service did not, it's the same old story with Korg. Maybe it's better in the US ( I am from Canada) but here it's the desert. I dont envy you, you are stuck with Korg and Microsoft, ouf !
toniodelyon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works for me if I plug on USB 3 port.
HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

padking wrote:
Had the same problem with my mac had to find the solution myself I found the latest version of HoRNDIS on google and install everything over again upgrade, librarian, new HoRNDIS. Had a post from Dan Philips asking me what version and where I got the it (HoRNDIS version) after that not a word. My first Korg was a Triton Le, TR, M3, Kronos, Wavestate. The synths have change but customer service did not, it's the same old story with Korg. Maybe it's better in the US ( I am from Canada) but here it's the desert. I dont envy you, you are stuck with Korg and Microsoft, ouf !

Yeah, Korg can be a bit hit or miss with support. I just had a look at the downloads page for the Wavestate. The latest updater won't work for anyone on Win10 (2004).

Quote:
System requirements
Windows 7 SP1(32bit、64bit), Windows 8 and Windows 10.

Not compatible with Windows 10, version 2004.

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/840/4519/

Looks like for right now, your only hope is to roll back windows and don't let it update until the a fix is found and posted. Or if you have an older computer with win 7 or 8 just laying around, you could try using that for the librarian. ??

For years and years, we've had endless problems with Microsoft changing things that then affect Korg's synths/drivers. Korg always has been a bit slow to resolve those problems, unfortunately.

Btw, Dan is not customer service or tech support, in case anyone thinks that he is support. He's R&D. He does try to help out in various forums when he can, but no one should expect that to happen. I have no doubt that the current issue is equally frustrating for Dan. And if Korg support isn't responsive, keep badgering them until they do reply, or perhaps try to get in touch with them on social media...? Eventually, someone will reply. If you feel really aggrieved, then you do have some consumer rights you can leverage... maybe. I dunno.
richardf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
System requirements
Windows 7 SP1(32bit、64bit), Windows 8 and Windows 10.
Not compatible with Windows 10, version 2004.

At least there is some progress Smile. This is indirectly an official confirmation from Korg that there is a problem with Windows 10 version 2004.
Let's assume that they are working on a solution and we just have to wait a little bit more...
richardf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have asked the German Korg support about the issue.
They have answered quickly and confirmed that the librarian does not work on Win 10 Version 2004.

They have assured that Korg Japan is working on a solution and that the problem is probably caused by the USB-RNDIS Adapter from Microsoft.

Unfortunately they could not tell me when there will be a working solution.

Last edited by richardf on Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
aubione

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, 3 months later, we don't have any clue about the fix of this issue...

I just get a Wavestate, bought some great presets that I cannot upload in my synth.
Great, Korg ! Wonderful support ! Evil or Very Mad

I really think about selling this piece of s**t.
wurlitzer11

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:30 am    Post subject: Looks like Microsoft has dropped this driver for good ??? Reply with quote

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-NUCs/Missing-RNDIS-drivers-in-win-10-update/td-p/1217981
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all! I have an update regarding Windows 10 (version 2004) and RNDIS. Microsoft is being very responsive; we have been working with them, and we anticipate a fix soon. I'll let you know when I have more information!
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
richardf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
Hi all! I have an update regarding Windows 10 (version 2004) and RNDIS. Microsoft is being very responsive; we have been working with them, and we anticipate a fix soon. I'll let you know when I have more information!

Thanks Dan for this very good news!

I am waiting on a solution since I got my Wavestate early July. This was very annoying and frustrating. Korg has to improve his communication stategy for such cases.

Btw, amazing synth.
Congratulation for this follow-up of the Wavestation A/D which I still own and use.
sol_hsa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started playing around with my new wavestate and hit this exact problem.

Unfortunately I've already updated the windows machines in this house to version 2004 so no luck there. I've also sent queries around and general answer is that there's no official answer at this time.

I'd be curious to know what actually happened.

As I can tell, microsoft made a generic usb networking interface so "driverless" hardware devices could be made (in the same way usb storage devices, audio devices, mice or keyboards work - they all actually have drivers, but they're generic and ship with the operating system), but then broke this in the 2004 version for some reason.

It should be pretty trivial to just roll back whatever they did that broke, but since they haven't done so, it seems there's something strange behind this. Maybe it turned out to be a security hole, or they're legally liable for something and thus can't. Or maybe it's aliens.

As I understand it, some other devices that relied on the "driverless" driver that's now missing have got new device-specific drivers, so it should "only" be a matter of writing a new NDIS "miniport" driver, and possibly change the librarian and firmware update software to use the driver instead of the generic one. I hope it won't need any changes on the wavestate side, as updating it might be problematic as we can't talk to the synths..

Anyway, I hope there's news soon. Since this thread seems to be the only place where there's any news on this matter I'll be monitoring it.
sol_hsa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows 10 version 20H2 does not fix the issue.
davc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here ; Librarian worked fine with Windows OS build 1909 ...

no luck with OS 2004 ,... and now also no luck with OS 20H2

the Librarian made this 'rather complicated to edit in a tiny screen' synth , much more useable ... !!

please update this software for us ..!! since we're mostly stuck at home .!
smurf606

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So - forgive my ignorance - I have never come across RNDIS before and maybe by coincidence have never had this kind of issue with usb on ANY OTHER device before. Would it be possible to get the wavestate to work in a more standard way over usb? is that possible? One where you don't have to go rummaging in the device manager?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: