Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few queries on Krome Ex vs M50

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dimitra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:24 am    Post subject: A few queries on Krome Ex vs M50 Reply with quote

Hi guys,
Back in 2012 I owned a Korg M50, and currently own a Roland FA06 and although I love the sounds, I miss the dual arpeggiators of my previous M50. I am thinking of replacing the FA with a Krome, but I have a few questions

1. I did not like the M50's pianos, are the Krome's samples a big improvement over M50?
2. What's the difference really between M50 and Krome Ex? Any major upgrades besides color screen?
3. Is it possible to get KARMA on Krome? I am really looking at some inspiration so it would be great if KARMA can somehow be enabled on this, but I guess it's only for Kronos?
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: A few queries on Krome Ex vs M50 Reply with quote

dimitra wrote:
Hi guys,
Back in 2012 I owned a Korg M50, and currently own a Roland FA06 and although I love the sounds, I miss the dual arpeggiators of my previous M50. I am thinking of replacing the FA with a Krome, but I have a few questions

1. I did not like the M50's pianos, are the Krome's samples a big improvement over M50?
2. What's the difference really between M50 and Krome Ex? Any major upgrades besides color screen?
3. Is it possible to get KARMA on Krome? I am really looking at some inspiration so it would be great if KARMA can somehow be enabled on this, but I guess it's only for Kronos?

There are a lot of advancements since the M50 was released. I still have one and still use it quite a lot but NOT for piano Smile

The Krome's pianos are much better quality than on the M50. The amount of memory available for those types of sounds is exponentially bigger on the Krome than on the M50. Yes, they sound better. I would take a listen to the demo videos on the Krome.

The polyphony count is higher as well. The Krome has 120 notes of polyphony (single oscillator) and the M50 only had 80 (single oscillator).

With regard to KARMA, I am not sure if Mr. Kay allowed for a software version of KARMA to run on the Krome. According to the website, this has not happened yet. The KARMA software is not on the Krome. The M50 had the ability to be run by KARMA, but it was through software on a computer. Again, not sure if this is something that is doable on the Krome.

I would search the topic here and read the differences between the Krome and M50. There were many threads about it. I would also check the M50 thread as well.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: