Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krome Library Management

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil C

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:06 pm    Post subject: Krome Library Management Reply with quote

Does anyone have some good advice about how to manage multiple additional libraries? So, let's say I have bought a series of new sound libraries for my Krome with hundreds of great new sounds that I want to load up into my Krome to use for composing/practicing at home and also for live gigs.

But there's a problem. Bank F is already full. What is the best way to manage my new libraries? Do I keep them on an SD card and load them up when I need them? This seems like it might be inconvenient and a bit messy.

Or should I just move my favourite ones off the SD card and on to "user 16" and "user "17"? That's fine, but I might forget about some of the other great sounds that I bought as they are "hidden" in an SD card rather than in front of me on my Krome menu as I'm browsing for a sound.
christianconnett

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject: Krome Library Management Reply with quote

(sorry, I am just now reading this post)
I currently use two Krome's - 61 & 73 (EX)

I utilize 2 SD Cards per keyboard (as well as an external harddrive for overall storage)
I use 1 SD card for transferring PCG's, and 1 card for my primary backup.

I use PCG Tools to manage the Programs & Combi's that I need, save the PCG's to an SD, and then Load them up.

PCG Tools makes everything much easier to manage.
Be sure to back up the Krome FIRST on an SD Card - put aside for safe keeping, maybe even COPY the files onto your computer/harddrive as another back up.

Use PCG Tools to manage the Banks/Programs/Combis you want to use - save them to another SD, and then load into your Krome.

I hope that all makes sense.

If you haven't checked out PCG Tools:
http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: