Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG IS BEHIND ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:02 am    Post subject: KORG IS BEHIND ? Reply with quote

Hello Forum
I hope you all are ok, and Safe.

it has been quiet from Korg lately.
In the same time lot of well known manufacturers has presented their new instruments, soundcards, speakers, headphones, El pianos, and other things so life is going on,even in this strange time. I am just wondering What Korg is up to.
it has been a long time now and we wonder really what is up to their mind.
Anything new in the focus?
NEW PA Model Or Another name Flagship?

Yamaha in meanwhile made it a lot of upgrades to their flagship Genos.
Also the Montage has been updated many times now.
Roland Fantom Is Amazing after so many years silence from them.
Even Nord Have made great upgrades new instruments etc,
but nothing has been heard from KORG company, either Italy or Japan.
I really enjoy my Korg PA 4X for now, but I’m on the same time wondering when we can get a new model with better Sounds better effects more RAM better screen, increased sample numbers maybe a PC/MAC program for managing things etc!

What do you think?
Manny rumors but also many misleading infos.
Thanks all. Stay Safe Make Music.
Best Regards Asena
GLOBAL SOUND
www.globalsound.se

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg has been quite busy diversifying their product line with some quite innovative offerings. I am expecting this puttrhythm to lower my golf handicap by at least 2-3 strokes.

https://www.korg.com/us/products/tuners/puttrhythm/specifications.php

Apart from new gadgets, their latest keyboard releases (EK-50L, i3, XE-20) suggest a current focus on the lower end market using common software and hardware designs to simplify development, sourcing, and manufacturing.
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure that Korg are 'behind' in anything. They are still enjoying success with the Kronos and the Kross. They are also doing well with their PA series and the analog offerings.

I wonder how much of the 'speculation' of Korg's whereabouts, with regard to new models, is not driven by the information age where if one does not hear something from a company through an online source for a period of time, they think something is wrong.

I blame it on that. People want things NOW, regardless of what the company may actually be working on.

I am fortunate to remember a time when we anxiously awaited news from the company, in print ads, about a new product (or a series of products). Now, everyone wants to know EVERYTHING now.

I am certain that Korg is working on new products and will release them when they are ready. I am also sure that they are working on updates to current products and will release them too, when they are ready. Mock-ups of 'desired' new products done by users and made to seem like they are official is part of the problem.

For Korg to rely on their popular products for as long as possible is not new. I am reminded of the AI synthesis on the M1 (and all of the variants). Then they expanded and went AI2 and milked that for as long as they could. Then the Trinity (which was short in comparison). They are still using HI synthesis in some form in the EK-50, XE-20 and i3. They have milked the HI synthesis more than the AI variants, in my opinion. If it still works though, I say 'use it'. Yamaha would be guilty of this with their DX line (and all the variants), as would Roland with their JV/XP offerings.

Korg is still riding high on the Kronos. There is really nothing in the market that compares to the depth of that instrument. I would say that the Kross is doing well too, and provides a unique set of features and quality for the entry-level market.

The PA series is still doing well, although an update to the series would be welcome.

I guess I am not terribly worried about it. I already have more than enough synths right now and cannot even have them all hooked up in my studio area (not enough room). I am MORE than happy with what I have and find new things out about my gear almost every time I turn them on.

I watch videos of users on YT who make new sounds and combinations for the original Kross 1 workstation and I think that is neat. I STILL get a lot of mileage out of my 4 Kross-1 units as well. I still find things out about my PA700 when I use it. With that said, I still find things out about my 30-year old Ensoniq VFX-SD when I get deep into programming it...

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpoodoo wrote:
Korg has been quite busy diversifying their product line with some quite innovative offerings. I am expecting this puttrhythm to lower my golf handicap by at least 2-3 strokes.

https://www.korg.com/us/products/tuners/puttrhythm/specifications.php

Apart from new gadgets, their latest keyboard releases (EK-50L, i3, XE-20) suggest a current focus on the lower end market using common software and hardware designs to simplify development, sourcing, and manufacturing.

LOL on the golf thing

I agree with your bigger picture point- Korg has been busy diversifying past 2-3 years.

I counted 40 new keyboard/synth products [ not rehashes or different colors] over the past 2 years.

Thats where Korg R & D has been at work .

Plus Korg has to support the various new products. Not every new product works at 100% out of the gate. Some require further updates.

Thats where Korgs priority and time has been the past 2-3 years.

Many of the new products are under $1000 and sell in volume.
archil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: KORG IS BEHIND ? Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
better Sounds better effects more RAM better screen, increased sample numbers maybe a PC/MAC program for managing things etc!

Completely agree, just look at juzisound sampler 2 specs

Wake up Korg its 2020...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: