Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triton VST CPU and Memory Consumption

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rocknpop

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject: Triton VST CPU and Memory Consumption Reply with quote

Hi guys, I'm new here. First post Smile

Just wanted to know if people have issues with how much CPU the VST for the Triton consumes. I am unable to play a complete song without having system issues (crackling, pausing, crashing). As soon as a play a 7th chord (or anything with more than 6 keys of polyphony it overloads).

This happens a lot in ProTools 12, and also often in Ableton Live 10. I have a MacBook Pro 15in 2.6 GHz, i7, 16GB RAM. Apollo Twin interface. I've tried this at every buffer size that still has a responsive feed when playing... it's almost impossible to play.
jfhome

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

I've exactly same problem with legacy bundle updated in v2, and I tried the triton to check if the problem has solved with newest soft. No, it is the same trouble.

I'm on Cubase 10.5 on mac.

And I don't found any information about it.

Very strange.
pranaearth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use Cubase, but I do use Bitwig and Logic and I haven't run into any problems.

I even laid my entire arm over all 61 keys on my controller to see what the processor load would be, and it only went to about 25% usage.

I'm on a 17,1 iMac with a 4GHz i7, 24GB of memory and a first gen 18i8.
VLH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:43 pm    Post subject: Triton and Triton Extreme Unusable Reply with quote

Im having similar issues. Both the standalone and VST versions crash, crackle and distort. tried reinstalling, buffers, rebooting, nothing helps. running a MacBook Pro, i7 quad, 16 gig, SSD drive, Big Sur 11.6. The older version of Triton worked until I upgraded it, now neither work. Too bad, paid good money for this.
yungster_rick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this still confuses me as well. i own the korg 3 collection and have the vsts on a 2019 macbook pro and my desktop pc. everything runs perfect on my mac no issues, but my desktop which is much newer and has a better cpu and significantly more ram nearly freezes trying to use triton. all of the other vsts are perfect. but the dropouts and audio crackle on triton are so bad that i have to bounce every instance i ever use and it gets very tedious to deal with. please someone help me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: