Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Analog Workstation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:41 pm    Post subject: Analog Workstation Reply with quote

Am I being totally odd with this thought? I would really like an analog workstation that is built with the current Korg analog offerings. Give me the Kronos Keybeds with the same specs in the synth and RH styles. I have an X61 and love the keybed, a minilogue and Karp. Now if they took the Minilogue, Karo, Wavestate, Opsix and throw in a couple of their smaller boxes and tie it all together. I could be very very happy. Setlists, smooth sound transitions,velocity, release velocity, poly after touch or at least after touch, plenty of Bank, patch, and sound saving options, a simple sequencer and step sequencer, the display of a Kronos and some of the little displays used on the current individual synths to supplement things would be great in my little dream world. It's all existing technology so the development issues would be with integration between the units. Am I totally out to lunch with this idea?

Let me
Edit this by adding I don’t think everything aI mentioned is analog so maybe this is the wrong forum for this. I should have said hybrid analog digital. Am I wrong the Minilogue, and Karp are analogue but are Opsix and Wavestate? Seems to me the Wavestate is probably digital. I know nothing about the Opsix so maybe it is also. Sorry for the confusion. I just thought it would be cool to have them all in one box with straight forward controls.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpSix and Wavestate are digital.

Why not connect them all via MIDI or MIDI to CV (where necessary), and connect all the outputs to an audio mixer/recorder? OK, so not exactly true workstation functionality, but it will have a distributed control surface and will be a lot of fun.

Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea and you all have tried to get me started with midi. I have been a bit overwhelmed by it. Getting the Kronos was so incredible that I could tweak multiple engines and get them to work in the box. I got spoiled and lazy about learning midi. I really should buckle down and dig in. I guess the up side is each device will have all of its own controls and when a company throws them in a box they tend to share a lot of controls.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's quite easy to get a very basic, but effective MIDI setup going, using nothing more than a bunch of MIDI DIN cables. Choose which is the master keyboard e.g. Kronos, and then connect its MIDI out to the next keyboard's MIDI In. Then connect that keyboard's MIDI Thru to the next keyboard's MIDI In, and continue like that MIDI Thru to Midi In to the end of the chain. The Kronos will send MIDI to all of the other keyboards / sound modules, whilst each individual keyboard can also be played to sound notes in addition to those triggered by the Kronos. Connected this way, there should be no MIDI delay, because the MIDI Ins are normally directly connected by a simple buffer amplifier to the MIDI Thru.

A more sophisticated setup can be acheived using one or more of a variety of MIDI patchbay type modules, but try the simple one first and get ready to be impressed.

Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the Roland midi booklet. I will give this a try but I need cables first! Thanks voip!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: