Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Split the keyboard into ie bass on the left and piano in the

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCDenton

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:55 pm    Post subject: Split the keyboard into ie bass on the left and piano in the Reply with quote

Just got my Krome EX and I is wondering about the topic. I do know it is called zones. I have tried fideling with the combi function, but I never got anywhere.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've just got the Krome, there's a lot to learn, as it's quite a complex synth. I completely understand the excitement of getting a new keyboard but suggest you take a deep breath, and just relax, and enjoy the Programs and Combis.

What you will find is that there are already splits of the type you're hoping for, programmed into quite a few of the Combinations. One to check out is Combi A098 - Bass/Piano. Another Combi is A105 - Bass/Piano Pad Dreams, plus a whole host of others. It is possible to change the Timbres from the Combi main play page, using the small circle with the (>), just above the on-screen Play button, and choosing the sounds from the menu that appears, or use the Category option immediately above the (>). If you like what you hear, save your new Combi. I was going to suggest putting it into one of the spare Combi slots - except the EX doesn't have any spare "Init Combi" slots. If you overwrite an existing Combi, the original can easily be restored, because the Krome keeps a backup of the "Factory" settings for this purpose.

The menu deep diving can come later :-)

davc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

short answer ,.. Yes ... just Pan one to the Left and one tp the right ..!

i'm working in a duo ... so i program Combi's that send bass patches , in my case , Left into my mixer to be further processed as a Bass ... and send other piano , ep , organ , strings , etc ... to the Right ... where again they are processed in the mixer accordingly ..! EQ, effects , Compressors , etc ...

i do the same thing with my drum machine panning the Bass drum far Left , again into the mixer for more processing ... and send most other Drums ( snare , hihats, cymbals , to the Right ...

but i run my PA in Mono ... and the channels are set to Center ... so items are Not panned hard Left/Right in the Mains ... the various instruments are just processed are their own channels ...

in Combi mode ... Panning is found on the Mixer pages ...

or look at pg 46 in the Operation Guide ...
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Refer to page 14 of the Krome quick start manual:

5. Let’s try changing the split point that divides the organ and bass sounds.
Press the PAGE button; then in Page Select, press P4  Zone/Delay.
Press the Key Z 1–8 tab to access the P4:  Zone/Delay– Key Zone T01–T08 page.
While pressing the timbre 1 “Bottom Key,” play a note  on the keyboard. This will specify the lowest key that plays the organ sound.
While pressing the “Top Key” of the timbre that plays  the bass sound, press the note that’s a semitone below  the lowest note of the organ range you specified in the  previous step. This will specify the highest key that  plays the bass sound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: