Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Daniel Fisher - Sweetwater.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:54 pm    Post subject: Daniel Fisher - Sweetwater. Reply with quote

Daniel Fisher over at Sweetwater presented probably one of the best explanations of FM I’ve heard to date. Worth a look if you haven't seen this already.

Personally I’ve had a DX-7 more than once in my life and as much as I wanted to love it, the difficult came in programming it. Not that I couldn’t do it, but more so that it simply wasn’t anyway enjoyable at all. In short, I’d rather eat glass than bring that sort of stress back into my music creation.

Then there’s OpSix. Look darn easy to program, intuitive and enjoyable. Really enjoyed that video. Best one I’ve seen on the OpSix so far. Great job Daniel.

Regards
Sharp.
Narioso

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really good, thanks.

I think it was from Loopop review there are envelopes for operators too. If a carrier could be an envelope that previous carrier was fed into, or something.

And also what I missed was visual display of preset you were in - position of sliders and knobs to go with it. So if to tweak you know the preset you came from where each slider/knob is from start.

Also if like Wavestate you have presets on various levels of blocks you work with?
From Loopop it said you could make user operators as I recall.

Also like Prologue approach to dial in what preset holds as value for something you alter. Really nice how Prologue do that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg opsix / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: