Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nautilus Step Sequencer and Loading CD ROMs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keys1970

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:54 am    Post subject: Nautilus Step Sequencer and Loading CD ROMs Reply with quote

Some questions about the Nautilus. Know that I know almost nothing about workstations (I have Ensoniq TS-10 and E-mu E4XT Ultra).

1. Is the grid system of the step sequencer on the Nautilus something that the Kronos doesn't have?
2. Can the meter (time signature) change from scene to scene? Or, how would you compose a song that changed time signatures between groups of measures?
3. I assume you can have odd time signatures; i.e., 5/4, 7/4, 7/8, right?
4. Are the scenes new to the Nautilus and not available on the Kronos?
5. I have several Akai S1000 CD ROM based sounds (Prosonus Grand Piano, Propeller Island's Cathedral Organ). I believe they can be loaded into the Nautilus, but can they be saved to the hard disk such that would no longer need to use the CD ROMs?
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.
I don’t own a NAUTILUS but given I’ve played KORG keyboards all my life, I should be able to help you out one some of these.

Quote:
1. Is the grid system of the step sequencer on the Nautilus something that the Kronos doesn't have

Do you have a link to something you have seen so I can take a look.

So far in the video’s I’ve seen the changes on the NAUTILUS are more UI changes to cater for the fact that the NAUTILUS don't have as many actual buttons as the KRONOS.

Feature wise, I haven’t noticed any difference so far.

Quote:
2. Can the meter (time signature) change from scene to scene? Or, how would you compose a song that changed time signatures between groups of measures?

Not sure what you means by the word “Scenes”.

On the main sequencer edit page you can use the drop down menu to select “Insert Measure”. This function on every KORG keyboard I’ve ever known allows you to insert different time signatures at any point in your song. Handy for recording live too as you can have it preset to change time signatures as you record your performance in real-time.

When you press Record, you can also change the time signature at this point.

Quote:
3. I assume you can have odd time signatures; i.e., 5/4, 7/4, 7/8, right?

Yes, can’t remember how far the options go, but I’ve never come across a time signature I wanted that a KORG keyboard didn’t have.

Quote:
4. Are the scenes new to the Nautilus and not available on the Kronos?

Again, not sure what you mean about Scenes. I’ve not seen any video on this. Can you point out an example?

Quote:
5. I have several Akai S1000 CD ROM based sounds (Prosonus Grand Piano, Propeller Island's Cathedral Organ). I believe they can be loaded into the Nautilus, but can they be saved to the hard disk such that would no longer need to use the CD ROMs?

Yes, after you load the AKAI disk into the NAUTILUS it will convert the AKAI programs into KORG programs and samples which can then be saved back to the internal disk of the NAUTILUS as native KORG files. Which in turn allows you to no longer require the AKAI disk.

Same rule applies to SF2 files you load into the NAUTILUS. They too can be saves back to disk in KORG format.

Regards
Sharp.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh found a video on scenes and the grid.
Yes, that’s all new and not on the KRONOS.

Regards
Sharp.
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Grid is a STEP SEQ for Drums . In each SCENES can choose to have the Drum track or Step Seq. There have 4 different Step Seq with 64 steps and 12 instruments. Also the Drum Tracks could be different in each scenes so can have different signature at each scenes.
Regards,
Dan
Keys1970

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for responses to all. I need to study the Nautilus manual.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: