Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

from Electribe to Logic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dondamiano

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject: from Electribe to Logic Reply with quote

Hi People, I'm new in the forum, and in the tribe.
I'm composing recording and producing in Logic. But I Find that starting my patterns in my volka is more organic, frendly and musical.
I a'm thinking on upgrade to Electribe but I don't know if I will be able to record de MIDI from the Eletribe to Logic?
There is any way?
Simple or Complicated?
I believe that exporting to Ableton and then exporting to MIDI but I dont know.
Thanks in advance!!
Bombilo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its 2 years old post.. but Im asking myself the same questions.
Hope someone with previously made experience with using E2 and Logic can help us out Smile
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't speak for Logic, but I do know that the Electribe will put MIDI signals out through its post, so you should at least be able to read the MIDI.

I don't know whether Logic can read Ableton exports, but I'm pretty sure that the Electribe will do that.
Bombilo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koekepan wrote:
I can't speak for Logic, but I do know that the Electribe will put MIDI signals out through its post, so you should at least be able to read the MIDI.

I don't know whether Logic can read Ableton exports, but I'm pretty sure that the Electribe will do that.

what do oyu mean by "through its post" ?

I think I did manage to get midi signals but all 16 channels from electrivbe to one midi channel on Logic.
Idially what would be superb is of course to get individual 16 midi channels on Logic that each and everyone coherently synched with part 1-16 from electribe of course
later on - maybe it even enough to load on each midi channel a sampler VST and drop a coresponding sample omn each individual channel.

eventually with my band we ended up recording straight from Electribe to computer. meaning its the sum Stereo channel with all music from electribe. in some songs it was tooc rowded signal and I had to treat the recorded signal we did live as a guid to which will guid me later to record individual track every time agian and again soloing 1 part (out of the 16). This is a real greasy elbow work I tell you that..

Idealy a very good useage with the Electribe im trying to figure out as well for live and recording situations - is having the abbility to have the seperate parts on 16 channels. I bet someone in this world have thought of a sort of interface you can plug to the USB port of the electribe that either give you 16 analog outs (THAT WOUDL BE - T H E - DREAM COMMING TRUE..)
or at least allow you to plug it to a computer the will recognise it as an audio interface with 16 digital channels (Would be a SEMI DREAM COME TRUE)

I wonder who of you long time users and producers using the Electribe - as well got those thoughts and wishes. Feel free to contact me personally if you got any lead or idea - it would be a nice idea to develope (I know I can not do those kind of stuff but maybe a developer / computer engineer with the skills is reading this message ..)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: