Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EasyControl.9 mini USB MIDI controller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ITguy54

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:30 pm    Post subject: EasyControl.9 mini USB MIDI controller Reply with quote

Does anyone have experience with this? It looks like it could be a perfect match for the Nautilus. That is, if the 9 sliders can be used as drawbar controllers. I emailed them but haven't heard back yet.

https://www.amazon.com/ammoon-EasyControl-9-Portable-Slim-Line-Controller/dp/B01DKQZFSC
Narioso

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a bit puzzled that Korg did not do 9 sliders or knobs for this purpose, only 7 knobs.

I cannot see din midi, so only usb - doubt this can connect directly to Nautilus. Through a computer sure.

Hammond and others have drawbar stuff with real din midi connectors.

But drawbars are on touch screen, so just drag them with finger. Two sets as I saw.
ITguy54

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narioso wrote:
I was a bit puzzled that Korg did not do 9 sliders or knobs for this purpose, only 7 knobs.

I cannot see din midi, so only usb - doubt this can connect directly to Nautilus. Through a computer sure.

But drawbars are on touch screen, so just drag them with finger. Two sets as I saw.

Doesn’t Nautilus have USB?
Narioso

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two types of usb
- usb to host - usually a pc or computer
- usb to device - memory sticks and stuff

And it's not just about getting adapter for connectors, it's more to it that some software inside support that protocol. Computer is host usually.

Some memory sticks does only work on computer as well, they usually create a second readonly "drive" and have drivers onboard that work for pc or mac pretty much.

But won't work on a BD player or Xbox console I have that support usb sticks, just those brands that don't need a driver but is class compliant as they say.

Bottom line would be if Nautilus can serve as both host and device. So if doing host there is a chance it could work.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There’s a comment in the review that the drivers are hard to track down.

This suggests that this device is not Class Compliant. So, chances of it working with the nautilus are “zero, nada, nope, not a hope”.

Best to look for something else.

Regards
Sharp.
ITguy54

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narioso wrote:

But there's nothing like having physical drawbars.
Narioso

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITguy54 wrote:
Narioso wrote:

But there's nothing like having physical drawbars.

You're not alone feeling that way.
A bunch here said so, and I also talked to Staffan at Clavia about NordElectro long ago - they had one version that were leds and buttons +/- to move them - not popular. Next version they had physical drawbars again.

I forwarded to Clavia my idea to have a strip beside to drag, like on a touch screen. But they know their customer base and refuted the idea.

I got Hammond later anyway.

Perfect would be motorized drawbars, to changing as preset they get in position as stored. But might not be sturdy enough for touring, not sure.

I think it was B3, and maybe others too that had mechanical approach to presets - so drawbars were pushed into position in a mechanical way as you used the black preset buttons. So you used a screwdriver as I understand to have each preset set drawbars into position.

Either way, incredible invention the Hammond. Smile
neomad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://iconproaudio.com/product/icontrols/

what about this one?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: