Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To Eq individual sounds or not

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:18 pm    Post subject: To Eq individual sounds or not Reply with quote

I hear about people saying this or that sound isn’t great on the Pa700.

I’m finding by eq’ing sounds it can dramatically improve them. For example with the preset piano sounds by boosting the hi Eq band and a little bit low end. The Concert Grand can sounds quite muddy but again by adjusting the Eq, and even opening the cut off and resonance changes the sound.

Eq’ing individual style tracks and remixing the volume levels again can transform a style.
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: To Eq individual sounds or not Reply with quote

NativeAngels wrote:
I hear about people saying this or that sound isn’t great on the Pa700.

I’m finding by eq’ing sounds it can dramatically improve them. For example with the preset piano sounds by boosting the hi Eq band and a little bit low end. The Concert Grand can sounds quite muddy but again by adjusting the Eq, and even opening the cut off and resonance changes the sound.

Eq’ing individual style tracks and remixing the volume levels again can transform a style.

I have tried adjusting the EQ on the stock piano sounds and there seem to be artifacts in the sounds that are more problematic than helpful. That is why I decided to load that Yamaha C5 piano sample pack and that pack does all that I need with no EQ modifications at all.

Adjusting the EQ can really help with many things, but you have to be careful that adjusting the EQ on every track in a fairly drastic way will affect the overall output/sound of the board and may actually cause MORE problems for the entire sound.

Most sounds are really designed to play well together and it is really a matter of stereo placement, the use of EFX and volume levels for each track.

We can find that even the stock muddy piano sounds on the PA700 sound good in a mix, even if they do not stand out terribly much.

The biggest thing that I found on the PA700 when I first got it was that the ENTIRE board sounded a bit dull. After adjusting the master EQ a bit and adding more Reverb to the tracks, the board opened right up and it has easily become my second favorite keyboard of all time (the first being my Ensoniq VFX-SD).

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: