Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recently purchased a used Oasys and need help.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.PM

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject: Recently purchased a used Oasys and need help. Reply with quote

Hello,

I recently purchased a used Oasys 76 in mint/immaculate condition. The problem is I think it may be overkill and I can't get it to do basic functions even after reading the manual. I don't know if controls were reassigned from the previous owner or what but I can't get it to do what I want. I've reached out to Korg tech support and they haven't responded and I posted on the Karma-Lab forum but so far no one has responded. (This thread is an updated version of the Karma-Lab thread as I ran into more problems.)

Important information:

OS 1.3.3, 2gb of ram and all expansions installed.

Problem #1:

When starting the Oasys it shows all the expansions. However, when I go to GLOBAL->Basic Setup->Expansion Sample Setup and select EXs3-Brass & Woodwinds, and click the box and press ok, it says Error loading Exs3. However, when I select EXs1-Rom Expansion and EXs2-Concert Grand Piano, they load up fine.

What do I need to do to fix this?

Problem #2:

I think I overwrote the internal sounds. I go to DISK->Load->FACTORY->OPEN->Multiple Select-Load.

The following things were loaded: EXS3.PCG, LAC-1.PCG, MOD-7.KGE, MOD-7.PCG, PRELOAD, PRELOAD.KGE, PRELOAD.KSC, PRELOAD.PCG, PRELOAD.SNG, PRELOA_A.

So did loading these overwrite the stock sounds or did they load into ram? I did not have the protections on anything.

Problem #3:

I want to make 4, 8 and 16 bar loops and patterns (with and without KARMA) and track them out to my daw. Example:

Track 1-4 drums
Track 5 bass
Track 6 Piano
Track 7 string
Track 8 sound fx

All of these would be looped for 4 bars, I'd set the Oasys as slave so it syncs to my daw, run the audio outs and dump all the tracks that way.

The problem is the sequencer is not working as I hoped for. I have tried to do this in SONG and PATTERN/RPPR but it's not working out. I followed the instructions from page 83 to 93 of the manual but it's not working. I set everything up and nothing happens when I press REC/WRITE and then START/STOP.

In closing, please help as I like the sounds coming out of the board and I'm impressed with the look and build. I also don't mind using the KARM function to make backing tracks, that's one of the reasons I grabbed it. However, if I can't get this thing to do the basics then I'll see about selling it or simply using it as a tone generator.
Deuils

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re Problem 3

Forgive me if I've misread anything, but when you say the sequencer isn't working as you'd hoped, is your MIDI clock set to External or Internal? You've said that you'd set up your Oasys as slave to your DAW, in which case you'd have the MIDI clock of the Oasys set to External so that its sequencer starts when the DAW starts.

Whereas, if you're trying to record patterns on the Oasys alone (independent of the DAW), the clock should be set to Internal.

Someone else might be able to explain that better than me.

Sorry, but your 1st and 2nd problems are outside my understanding!
GIUSEPPE OASYS 76

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:16 am    Post subject: FUNZIONI OASYS Reply with quote

SALVE ANCHE IO HO DIFFICOLTA' HA SUONARE LA MIA NUOVA OASYS.....
MI SPIEGO : NELLA MIA NORMALE TYROS 3 CON LA MANO SINISTRA FACEVO IL RITMO CHE CON LE NOTE CAMBIAVA MENTRE CON LA MANO DESTRA FACEVO LA MELODIA O ACCOMPAGNAMENTO O SOLISTA.....QUI TUTTO OK
MA CON LA OASYS CON LA MANO SINISTRA SPOSTANDO LE NOTE NON CAMBIA COME DOVREBBE SEMBRA CHE CE' UN RITARDO O LE NOTE DOPO AVER PREMUTO ABBASTANZA FORTE NON LI CAMBIA COME DOVREBBE....NON PENSO UN DIFETTO MA FORSE IMOPSTAZIONI DEL VECCHIO PROPRIETARIO CHE L'AVRA' IMPOSTATA COSI....HO LETTO IL MANUALE DI 1180 PAGINE UNA LAREA PER LEGGERE QUASI TUTTO...MA NON CAPISCO DOV'E' IL PROBLEMA.....HA MOLTI PARAMETRI DA IMPOSTARE E NON VORREI SBAGLIARE E POI NON FAR FUNZIONARE IL TUTTO...QUALCUNO MI PUO SPIEGARE IL PERCHE' DI TUTTO QUESTO......GRAZIE
POI TRAMITE MIDI VORREI COLLEGARE UNA KETRON SD3
PER SUONARE ALCUNI STYLE CON LA MIA OASYS MA NON ME LA LEGGE HO USATO CH 1 IN E CH 1 OUT MIDI MA APPENA SUONO LO STYLE FUNZIONA MA ACCOMPAGNAMENTO SI ABBASSA E SI ALZA DI CONTINUO FACENDO DELLA MUSICA UN O SCHIFO..PERCHE' QUESTO
QUALCUNO MI PUO FAR CAPIRE I PARAMETRI GIUSTI MIDI PER FAR FUNZIONARE IL TUTTO.....CON TYROS FUNZIONAVA ALLA GRANDE ........QUI INVECE MI DA PROBLEMI....
E QUALCUNO MI SPIEGA CON UNO SCHEMA O SCHIZZO SU UN FOGLIO SI CAPISCE MEGLIO IL COLLEGAMENTO
GRAZIE.
GMAIL PRIVATA DA SCRIVERMI E' : HIRO3.OASYS@GMAIL.COM
GRAZIE Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: