Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa1000 Audio input not working. New right out of box.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dcalce

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:33 pm    Post subject: Pa1000 Audio input not working. New right out of box. Reply with quote

Just got a pa1000 to replace my pa700. My main reason to get the pa1000 was the built in harmonizer. But I get no output to speakers. I have setup the mic, turned up the gain next to input L, set input to mic, turned up mic on volume on tract select and do not get a audio signal. I tried an input from my mixer and still no joy. Any ideas? Or am I just lucky enough to receive a bad keyboard.
moebrand

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi , congratulations on your new keyboard first.
Sorry if my suggestions sound a bit simple , but just wondering if you tried updating the OS on your keyboard or not , that might help .
Does the second audio in work ? Try to connect a guitar /MP3 player or even a phone and see if you get a signal.
DMS 3Reed Harmonium
an old Accordion
Apple iMac 480GB SSD , 12GB DDR3 Ram,
logic Pro X , Studio One 3.
Dell laptop with 500GB ssd and 8GB Ram , Korg Pa Manager V4
FL Studio 11 Producer Edition
Studio One 6 Artist
Allan & Heath Zedi 10FX mixer
Shure Beta 87A Condenser Microphone
Audio Technica in ear studio monitor headphones
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:45 am    Post subject: dead Reply with quote

Does the keyboard make any noise you do you have piano sounds trumpets or is the whole keyboard dead...

Try a factory restore
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does your mic require phantom power? It's not available on board.
Did you try a different mic cable?
Cable must be Unbalanced.
Does the mic work through your mixer? Not going into the kb at all.
Is the mic volume knob on the top of the kb turned up?
Is the mic Mute button depressed?
... just grasping at straws here, but it is often some small obvious thing we overlook.
When my wife doesn't seem to turn on, I feed her chocolate. Usually works.
Sorry, I know it's not funny. Smile
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 Audio input not working. New right out of box. Reply with quote

Dcalce wrote:
Just got a pa1000 to replace my pa700. My main reason to get the pa1000 was the built in harmonizer. But I get no output to speakers. I have setup the mic, turned up the gain next to input L, set input to mic, turned up mic on volume on tract select and do not get a audio signal. I tried an input from my mixer and still no joy. Any ideas? Or am I just lucky enough to receive a bad keyboard.

There is a level meter on the input section that you can monitor when a mic or guitar is plugged into the PA1000. It should be on the screen when you select the Input tab or the Mic tab on the main screen.

When you speak into the microphone, you should see a signal level meter moving up and down corresponding to your speaking into the Microphone.

Additionally when plugging a mixer into the inputs on the keyboard, you would have to switch from Mic Input to Line input.

There are also a couple of knobs (assignnable) on the front panel (below the Volume and Balance knobs), and one of those might be set to control the volume of the input from the jack(s) that you have a source coming in from. After you turn the board on, turn those knobs from off to on and see if that helps. I am not sure what their default function is, so you may want to check that. They may default of one knob controlling input volume for the input source and the other may default to the MP3 volume.

On my PA700, I have one of the knobs control the volume of the input (in my case, I have a mixer plugged in) and the other volume is for the MP3 volume for the MP3s that I have on an internal MicroSD card. When I first turn on the keyboard, I have to turn them down and up again in order for everything to come through the speakers/outputs on the board.

I would hate to think that your board is damaged from the factory, so let's hope that is not the case.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Dcalce

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry so late getting back to you all. I figured it out. Thanks for your input. And I now have a Pa4x. A great machine.
Dcalce

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry so late getting back to you all. I figured it out. Thanks for your input. And I now have a Pa4x. A great machine.
Dcalce

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry so late getting back to you all. I figured it out. Thanks for your input. And I now have a Pa4x. A great machine. Very Happy
Dcalce

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry so late getting back to you all. I figured it out. Thanks for your input. And I now have a Pa4x. A great machine. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: