Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Noise on some sounds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simonsezzband

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:09 am    Post subject: Noise on some sounds Reply with quote

My triton extreme developed a sort of hiss sound on some patches after I replaced all the tactile switches because some were bad. The noise is on sounds that share some of the same factory rom wavforms. I've tried several times reloading, rechecking my board connections. I even replaced my motherboard and it's still present. The problem is present at all volumes. It's present at both rear outputs and headphones. When you strike a key it plays at the same ratio to volume setting. It decreases along with the patch as it fades out. None of my moss board sounds & wavs are effected at all & they work fine. ANY HELP APPRECIATED
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May not fix anything, but some things to try to find where the problem may lie: 1) Remove all sampler memory RAM cards; 2) Turn Audio In potentiometer located at back of keyboard to MIN; 3) Turn Arpeggiator Volume knob down to minimum.

Last edited by bpoodoo on Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:47 am; edited 2 times in total
timbukktwo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Noise on some sounds Reply with quote

simonsezzband wrote:
My triton extreme developed a sort of hiss sound on some patches after I replaced all the tactile switches because some were bad. The noise is on sounds that share some of the same factory rom wavforms. I've tried several times reloading, rechecking my board connections. I even replaced my motherboard and it's still present. The problem is present at all volumes. It's present at both rear outputs and headphones. When you strike a key it plays at the same ratio to volume setting. It decreases along with the patch as it fades out. None of my moss board sounds & wavs are effected at all & they work fine. ANY HELP APPRECIATED

Please look under my username in the search tab above to locate past posts regarding a noise issue I had discovered. There’s a few of them in detail regarding the issue. Of course, I’m not sure if this is the same problem you seem to be having.

At the time, Ian (a very well-respected, kind, helpful, and missed Korg tech guy) in KorgUSA’s support center found out that a TEX 88 in-store at their shop did the same thing (even as I was describing my issue on the phone with him) as he was checking to see on that TEX 88 if he could duplicate the problem (and did). Let us know how it goes, and good luck!
Der_Bestrafer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I just solved the same problem concerning my Tex.

Some patches sounded distorted (drums ; samples located in the « rom » library).

I solved the problem by cleaning the connectors between the motherboard and the RAM card.

I hope it will help you.

Sorry for my poor English (I’m French).

Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: