Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I wanna change the thermal paste on kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swatboy21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:20 am    Post subject: I wanna change the thermal paste on kronos Reply with quote

Hello guys i wanna change the thermal paste on my kronos 2, and i want someone to tell me which thermal paste is the best for the kronos
Galf2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I usually use MX-4 Arctic or GD900 thermal paste not only for Kronos, but for any electronic hardware.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I must confess that I had to Google thermal paste. Is this something else that every Kronos owner needs to worry about?
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon2e wrote:
Is this something else that every Kronos owner needs to worry about?

Not at all. I kept several computers for more than a decade and none of them ever overheated. The only PC which needed CPU heatsink paste maintenance is my current one because I use it extensively for video rendering, which implies a lot of CPU (thus creating lots of heat) and after 10 years I noted it was time for some new heatsink paste. In comparison, the Kronos will never reach such temperatures, unless you constantly play it outside under equatorial sunny weather. Cool
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
Falcon2e wrote:
Is this something else that every Kronos owner needs to worry about?

Not at all. I kept several computers for more than a decade and none of them ever overheated. The only PC which needed CPU heatsink paste maintenance is my current one because I use it extensively for video rendering, which implies a lot of CPU (thus creating lots of heat) and after 10 years I noted it was time for some new heatsink paste. In comparison, the Kronos will never reach such temperatures, unless you constantly play it outside under equatorial sunny weather. Cool

Awesome, that’s what we needed to hear. Thanks 😊
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: