Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wavestate Is Not Being Seen PC Win10 (USB MIDI Driver Issue)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ltricks

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject: Wavestate Is Not Being Seen PC Win10 (USB MIDI Driver Issue) Reply with quote

Just received my Wavestate yesterday, and I am have issues with the USB MIDI Driver. I have installed all of the Windows 10 specific software and drivers, and when I plug in my Wavestate, the usual popup DOES NOT appear. I have ran the Korg Uninstaller, and it is not there either. I know it is being seen in Windows because in Device Manager, I see a new "USB Audio Device" popup. Also I get a RNDIS device popup. I have tried the solution given by another user in the forum, named Ramon, but to no avail. I even uninstalled all of the other usb midi drivers I had, to include my Steinberg Yamaha driver.

This is a little frustrating because my stubbornness is causing me to delay exploring this awesome machine. OCD...maybe...lol. All my drivers are up to date, btw, I have a Dell XPS (9560), Intel i5-7300HQ 2.5GHz. Any help is very appreciated.
Narioso

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you do the 1.03A update which fixed som windows 10 stuff suposedly?

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/840/

A bit unclear what you refer to also, if from librarian or the updater.
ltricks

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narioso wrote:
Did you do the 1.03A update which fixed som windows 10 stuff suposedly?

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/840/

A bit unclear what you refer to also, if from librarian or the updater.

I'm talking about the driver itself. Those programs you mention don't even see the device. However, in device manager it knows it is there, but it is listed as a generic driver.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no MIDI driver for the wavestate; it is USB MIDI class-compliant, and uses the Windows MIDI driver. It will appear as something like "Generic USB MIDI device."
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
ltricks

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
There is no MIDI driver for the wavestate; it is USB MIDI class-compliant, and uses the Windows MIDI driver. It will appear as something like "Generic USB MIDI device."

Ahhhhh....ok cool. So what I am seeing so far is a connection to it. So I assume the next step would be install using "Install Korg USB-MIDI Device" correct? If that's the case, I keep getting the "ERROR: No device is plugged in"
If I try the configuration program it says "The driver doesn't exist". When I try using the Korg uninstall program to possibly move it between midi1-10, there is nothing in bold like some of the videos on You Tube show.

Windows related peculiarities: the usual USB Installing popup bubble does not come up on the bottom right of the screen when I plug it in.

Device manager: has a fault (exclamation mark) with the RNDIS under other devices; there is the Generic USB MIDI device under "Sound, video, and game controllers"; "Universal Serial Bus Controller" does have another "USB Composite Device" under it which I assume is the synth.

Regedit: I am not seeing anything Korg under addresses suggested in this forum.

If there is any other details you need please let me know, or any suggestions I will try. Thanks again for your prompt replies.
ltricks

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:

I apologize for bugging, I just read your signature. I have sent an email to support here in the US, with a link to this thread.
Narioso

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ltricks wrote:

Windows related peculiarities: the usual USB Installing popup bubble does not come up on the bottom right of the screen when I plug it in.

Isn't that just the first time, it installs anything?
From then on you only get a short audio notice that plugged in, as I recall.

It's still a bit unclear what you want to do?
- midi ports for computer to run a daw?
- run librarian?
- run updates?

I experienced some of the strangeness you did when I run Prologue and librarian. I had to uninstall korg midi driver that was there for KingKorg I had earlier - and they conflicted somehow. But these units use midi for communication with librarian.

But since Wavestate run some tcp/ip over usb to communicate the RNDIS and that stuff is essential, I think. Unless midi port thing for daw - midi is not used AFAIK. And I only use midi din stuff anyway. I also read here that some people has issue closing Wavestate if usb connected, using midi over usb thingy.

I would just forget about the midi driver - dan said class comliant so not needed for Wavestate. Midi ports to daw then.

Otherwise I would focus on getting 1.03A update in there.
ltricks

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind I got it...duh...read the instructions for the updater. The RNDIS instructions I overlooked them.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ltricks wrote:
Nevermind I got it...duh...read the instructions for the updater. The RNDIS instructions I overlooked them.

I'm glad that you're up and running now!
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Waveform

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to rename the midi driver in Windows to "Wavestate" rather than Generic USB Midi Device, or are we stuck with it? What happens if you plug in a second Wavestate? Do we get Generic USB Midi Device 2?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: