Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Control Prologue Volume from Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spec24

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:29 am    Post subject: Control Prologue Volume from Kronos Reply with quote

Hey everyone. I've looked high and low and found no reference to this other than someone stating they used cc#11 to control volume on the prologue. Dose the prologue not have volume control by cc#7? I really expected the volume to adjust like my other synths that are not Korg's, bot nope. Am I missing something? This seems like a major oversight.
Narioso

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can set E.pedal on button 4 each preset.
Set it to volume, or balance between timbres and whatever is there.

For some reason midi implementation chart does not list a couple of midi CC actually supported.

This CC11 and also CC104 for shift shape on multi engine.
spec24

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Narioso. But this doesn't address my issue with controlling the Prologue from the Kronos. What I'm really trying to do is be able to control the prologue with the volume sliders in either combi or seq mode. Every other synth I have has no issue. Sadly, I can't seem to get the Prologue to understand.
Narioso

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you cannot freely assign midi CC to each fader on Kronos?

Seems Korg overlooked interconnectivity on their products then.
If any product, Kronos should be able to do that.

On Hammond I can assign expression pedal as CC7 or CC11, then 6 assignable knobs to either CC2-95(for each preset). Or a lot of internal parameters like eq and click sounds etc.

On Kawai I can assign to faders for external zone CC 0-119. Both 4 faders and 4 knobs.

So would be really surprised if Kronos did not...
spec24

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narioso wrote:
So you cannot freely assign midi CC to each fader on Kronos?

Seems Korg overlooked interconnectivity on their products then.
If any product, Kronos should be able to do that.

On Hammond I can assign expression pedal as CC7 or CC11, then 6 assignable knobs to either CC2-95(for each preset). Or a lot of internal parameters like eq and click sounds etc.

On Kawai I can assign to faders for external zone CC 0-119. Both 4 faders and 4 knobs.

So would be really surprised if Kronos did not...

Well, I can assign midi control to the sliders if I use the EXTERNAL mode for the controllers, but that defeats the purpose of what I'm trying to accomplish. If there's any way to change what cc# the sliders put out in COMBI or SEQ mode I have not found it. Either way, using EXTERNAL mode and setting the CC to 11 makes no difference on the Prologue.
Narioso

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spec24 wrote:
Either way, using EXTERNAL mode and setting the CC to 11 makes no difference on the Prologue.

Of course it will make a difference.

You set preset in Prologue for E.Pedal to Volume(button 4 in edit) and you do a slider for that CC11 on Kronos.

I tested with my Nordlead that send CC11 from it's pedal, and will be the same as doing a slider on your Kronos if doing CC11.

So Prologue take these messages perfectly.

On both Hammond and Kawai you set keyboard range for an external zone, and you can have individual control of volume of that zone if you want. Overlapping something you play - or as split keyboard for Prologue alone.
spec24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narioso wrote:
spec24 wrote:
Either way, using EXTERNAL mode and setting the CC to 11 makes no difference on the Prologue.

Of course it will make a difference.

You set preset in Prologue for E.Pedal to Volume(button 4 in edit) and you do a slider for that CC11 on Kronos.

I tested with my Nordlead that send CC11 from it's pedal, and will be the same as doing a slider on your Kronos if doing CC11.

So Prologue take these messages perfectly.

On both Hammond and Kawai you set keyboard range for an external zone, and you can have individual control of volume of that zone if you want. Overlapping something you play - or as split keyboard for Prologue alone.

That's fine...I did neglect to change the patch to receive volume from cc11, but it's irrelevant. I do not wish to use the Kronos EXT controls, I wish to use the Kronos SEQ and COMBI control slider, which is not the same. Granted, I suppose I could simply always use the EXT controls on the Kronos and reroute each of them, other than the Prologue, back to the Kronos, but then the on-screen sliders become meaningless - and no way to automate volume, regardless. It would seem there is no way to remap the sliders (onscreen) on the Kronos in SEQ or COMBI mode to transmit anything but CC7.
Narioso

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe ask on Kronos forum for more in depth advice.
People own Kronos to larger extent.

My reference is daw as sequencer.
I know some people do automation on midi CC7 for volume purposes.
I do this on audio side instead - all automation done there for volume.

So not all sure what it is you cannot do.

Best of luck...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: