Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volca Sample Librarian/Midi-Usb Driver on Linux

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hellocatfood

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:51 pm    Post subject: Volca Sample Librarian/Midi-Usb Driver on Linux Reply with quote

I recently got a Volca Sample2 and I'm trying to use the Volca Sample Librarian software on Linux to transfer samples to it. That software installed fine via wine but it complains about the usb-midi driver not being installed.

I tried to install that driver using wine and it appeared to work but it turns out wine can't be used to install drivers.

I contacted Korg and the official response is that they don't support Linux, which is a shame.

Does anyone have working methods for sending and receiving samples on the Volca sample2 using the usb cable on Linux?
hellocatfood

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to get this working but unfortunately not natively in Linux.

Until Korg releases the USB-MIDI driver for Linux the easiest way to use the Sample Librarian on Linux is to install Windows in a virtual machine and install the software there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: