Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

volca drum single channel mode - polyphony - bug?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andete

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:40 am    Post subject: volca drum single channel mode - polyphony - bug? Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm controlling my volca drum (latest 1.14fw) from a keystep pro. It requires using the single channel mode.
This works mostly fine, except when playing two different sounds at the same time. This works sometimes, but in this example sometimes the kick is not played by the volca drum.

I always see the following midi sequence, which seems fine, having a note-on and note-off as expected.
What I'm doing here is starting the transport, playing the first and 3rd note at the same time, and then stopping the transport again.

FA
99 3C 64 | note-on
99 40 64 | note-on
91 1A 64
F0 7F 7F 06 02 F7
81 1A 00
89 40 00 | note-off
89 3C 00 | note-off
91 1A 64
81 1A 00
FC

When I try the same with the sequencer build into the volca drum it always works fine.
I wonder if I misconfigured the volca drum somehow?
I tried turning on and off "MIDI RX ShortMessage" but it doesn't make any difference. I also tried switching back to midi channel 1 from 10 and it didn't make any difference either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: