Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issue with Modwheel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
intlcmd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:56 am    Post subject: Issue with Modwheel Reply with quote

I am having an issue where the mod wheel is triggering without touching.
When I actually do use the mod wheel it will sometimes not register or will show weird values (only tracking say 65%-70%).
Also, when I move the pitch bend wheel it will show that it is triggering the mod wheel on display (flickering back and forth between mod and pitch).
I ran the wheel calibration (Edit + button 5 when powering on) which didn't resolve.
I also don't have any midi or USB cables plugged in so nothing external would be triggering it.

Here is a video of the the mod wheel triggering on its own:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EukxF61Kz8

3rd bug issue that I've encountered and I'm starting to regret my purchase. I really love the way this synth sounds, love creating patches with it but feeling pretty bummed and I'm outside of warranty/return policy.
Narioso

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you had it since new and now outside warranty?
Something is broken I would say, like loose cables inside.
No bug for sure if using firmware 2.10.

I would open up and have a look.

I had a similar thing on my Nordlead when playing it would generating mod wheel CC1 that were a problem in daw at the time, not being able to remove.

Mod wheel was loose enough, bearing worn and wobbly. I solved by putting a piece of foam rubber, like used for dishes, to make some more friction - and been fine since.
intlcmd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narioso wrote:

I would open up and have a look.

I had a similar thing on my Nordlead when playing it would generating mod wheel CC1 that were a problem in daw at the time, not being able to remove.

Mod wheel was loose enough, bearing worn and wobbly. I solved by putting a piece of foam rubber, like used for dishes, to make some more friction - and been fine since.

I saw something on gearslutz last night where someone was having a similar issue and resolved it by doing a factory reset. Factory reset didn't resolve it.

Yikes I'm scared to open it but yes maybe there is something really obvious that is going on. I can get past the tuning issue as I'm just using it for production and not live stuff. I have a multi timbre bug issue as well but no big deal as I'm layering in my DAW. Mod wheel triggering on it's own will be a deal breaker.

Oh, not sure if this plays a factor. The room my studio is in get a little cold, somewhere around 60 degrees F. It almost seems like tuning and this issue crop up when it is colder. Maybe a coincidence.
Narioso

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing popped up - did you just do a firmware update?
And forgot the second step with panel update.
It seems like plausible cause of inconsistencies.

Just checking....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: