Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Examining Wavestate modulations; very puzzled!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject: Examining Wavestate modulations; very puzzled! Reply with quote

I'm looking at "10 Pads on Sample Knob" and I'd like to change the samples selected by the knob. From the home screen I do this:

1. MOD + <

2. Twiddle the sample knob (While Performance Mod Knobs is lit.)

3. Hit ENTER

I can see a source amongst all the pages but no destination.
The only setting I can see is on the last page, "Perf Mod Knobs" under "Sample" has the value 34.5.

I've read the manual twice on modulations but I must be thick.

Please, how do I find the destination of a modulation?
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Examining Wavestate modulations; very puzzled! Reply with quote

DaveS wrote:
I'm looking at "10 Pads on Sample Knob" and I'd like to change the samples selected by the knob. From the home screen I do this:

1. MOD + <

2. Twiddle the sample knob (While Performance Mod Knobs is lit.)

3. Hit ENTER

I can see a source amongst all the pages but no destination.
The only setting I can see is on the last page, "Perf Mod Knobs" under "Sample" has the value 34.5.

I've read the manual twice on modulations but I must be thick.

Please, how do I find the destination of a modulation?

Step number 2 is wrong above. Step number 2 is where you select the destination.

1. Mod + >

2. Set the destination parameter.

3. Set the source parameter.

4. Hit Enter.

You could also start with the destination parameter already selected. Then:

1. Mod + >

2. Hit Enter (Selected parameter is now the destination)

3. Set Source Parameter.

4. Hit enter.

Once a modulation is set up, you can edit (change) the source but not the destination.

Good luck!
R.A.P.
DaveS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the detailed answer.

I'm still getting my head around this synth so what follows may be incorrect but I think I was using the correct sequence, it's just I didn't know what I was looking at because it did not have the word "Destination" in front of it.

After my last step 'Hit ENTER'. The screen shows "Source:" and then the line above that, "Sample Start Step (1/2)" is actually the destination. I thought it was some parameter I had yet to learn about but that is the destination I was looking for.

This, I think, answers the question on how to find the mod destination of a knob?
Narioso

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Examining Wavestate modulations; very puzzled! Reply with quote

DaveS wrote:
I'm looking at "10 Pads on Sample Knob" and I'd like to change the samples selected by the knob.

You don't have to add modulation to swap the samples that are already there.

Activate WSEQ Steps button and activate which step you want to work with on the 16 buttons.

With Sample lane active you go down from first field of a step and can browse with value knob which sample to play there.

Modulations already there will move Sample Start Step and End Step, as well as Loop Start and End - when moving the sample knob.

If you want to extend with more steps and another sample there
- add a step to step lane
- select sample to play

Modify modulation Sample End Step intensity field and modulation will go to this extra step too. It's a whole lot going on with Master knob as well, so haven't disected everthing, but the basic idea.

If you want to loop among a couple of samples you modify Loop Start and End so range is the steps you want.

You want to shorten 10 steps to fewer, just remove a step - and Sample perfknob will only have those to swap between. But as Master control Mod Processor 1 and gate other start values for steps to play, so jumping to playing 10-18 or whatever it becomes.

Master knob above 25% and Sample step Start jumps up where it start to take Sample knob values added to what Mod Processor 1 says. Something like that so steps played become 11-18 or similar.

I think there should be a tutorial and also performances that goes with it and adds just a few things each level - if samples are too advanced it's hard to follow.

My standing feature request to add a help page for each program or performance would be incredibly useful. So you can add comment what controls what - and most of all factory presets can also tell this - like Master knob stuff in this case. When building an arsenal of performances it's impossible to remember what do what.
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Examining Wavestate modulations; very puzzled! Reply with quote

[quote="Narioso"]
DaveS wrote:
My standing feature request to add a help page for each program or performance would be incredibly useful. So you can add comment what controls what - and most of all factory presets can also tell this - like Master knob stuff in this case. When building an arsenal of performances it's impossible to remember what do what.

We're putting together a file that will detail the performance knob assignments for each performance in our bank. So far we've only documented the performance knobs but we plan to do this for all the programs as well. Time will tell if this is possible. This is helping me stay sane as I add more and more assignments to those knobs.

This pdf file is a work in progress...
R.A.P. Performance Knob Assignments

Sorry to take this off topic but I thought Narioso would like this idea. Back to the program at hand.

Last edited by RobustAmerican on Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Narioso

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what RA is saying.
And really think a field in database in Wavestate to hold comments by ourselves would be a killer feature - for those providing presets too.

Just selecting a preset and information what is connected where makes all the difference to explore it. It could even flash 5s as you select it.(Global setting so cancel that or set time for it.)

Either by the knob - hold shift+help and touch a knob and comment about that knob would show - or just one page like help page to enter what we like there as a description. Help could have more than one page as of now and one for the performance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: