Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA1000 - Replacing Korg EC5 with a Bluetooth Pedal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keymn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:33 pm    Post subject: PA1000 - Replacing Korg EC5 with a Bluetooth Pedal Reply with quote

Revised a video I did earlier on how you can control the styles parts of the PA1000 without using the single pedal port. Alternative to the Korg EC5 pedal, which the port is no longer available on the PA1000.

https://youtu.be/0n2DvOWecoo
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: PA1000 - Replacing Korg EC5 with a Bluetooth Pedal Reply with quote

Keymn wrote:
.... how you can control the styles parts of the PA1000 without using the single pedal port. Alternative to the Korg EC5 pedal ...

There are many alternatives for an EC5 pedal, because of remote commands a Pa1000 can receive via MIDI (without using pedal port).

Any midi controller is suitable for this to act as transmitter for Midi commands which are received by the Pa1000 on the same channel set to "control".

Messages of controllers (sequencers, masterkeyboards etc) can be used to remotely select Pa1000 data to select sounds, Keyboard Sets, Styles, Style Elements and SongBook Entries and also to remotely control the Arranger and Players via MIDI (tables in the Appendix of user manual).

----> http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=119676

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Keymn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: PA1000 - Replacing Korg EC5 with a Bluetooth Pedal Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
Keymn wrote:
.... how you can control the styles parts of the PA1000 without using the single pedal port. Alternative to the Korg EC5 pedal ...

There are many alternatives for an EC5 pedal, because of remote commands a Pa1000 can receive via MIDI (without using pedal port).

Any midi controller is suitable for this to act as transmitter for Midi commands which are received by the Pa1000 on the same channel set to "control".

Messages of controllers (sequencers, masterkeyboards etc) can be used to remotely select Pa1000 data to select sounds, Keyboard Sets, Styles, Style Elements and SongBook Entries and also to remotely control the Arranger and Players via MIDI (tables in the Appendix of user manual).

I find the Bluetooth LE control the best in my case. Several years using the Yamaha Ud-bt01 plugged into device port for the Songbook+ app on IPad. Use Irig Blueboard for page turning, etc. on app.
Just use the airturn Bluetooth pedal for style control on pa1000..
Need the midi in open for Roland Accordion, which I already have MiDIJet connected. Very reliable wireless systems...
Open for discussion, what others are using...!
Vinnie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to upgrade to a PA1000 from my PA800 but my EC5 footpedal wont work with the PA1000. I use the pedal a lot for starts and stops and vocal harmoniser on/off etc. Why would Korg do that? Any suggestions?
Keymn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinnie wrote:
I was going to upgrade to a PA1000 from my PA800 but my EC5 footpedal wont work with the PA1000. I use the pedal a lot for starts and stops and vocal harmoniser on/off etc. Why would Korg do that? Any suggestions?

Check out the Airturn bt200s-6 pedal. If you have an IPad on stage, you can use App Midiflow to connect using a Apple Camera Kit3. The bt200s-6 can be programmed to do the functions for the arranger as mentioned on page 906 of the Korg pa1000 user manual. A great replacement for the Ec5 pedal.

https://www.airturn.com/426.html
supermaestro_67

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject: PA1000 - Replacing Korg EC5 with a Bluetooth Pedal Reply with quote

how do we operate between roland fc 300 si korg pa 1000? thank you.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: PA1000 - Replacing Korg EC5 with a Bluetooth Pedal Reply with quote

supermaestro_67 wrote:
how do we operate between roland fc 300 si korg pa 1000? thank you.

To be connected with MIDI both has Midi-In and Midi-Out (5-pin_DIN); Pa1000 additionally can be connected via USB-HOST.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
supermaestro_67

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject: PA1000 - Replacing Korg EC5 with a Bluetooth Pedal Reply with quote

ok, but how to make midi configuration for operation? thank you.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: PA1000 - Replacing Korg EC5 with a Bluetooth Pedal Reply with quote

supermaestro_67 wrote:
ok, but how to make midi configuration for operation? thank you.

The FC300 is to programm for sending the Midi-Commands on same channel you use with Pa1000 to receive this messages on the control channel.

Which style elements and style/player-controls you remotely can select by receiving program change messages on the control channel you will find in Pa1000-manuals.

With FC300 use these program change messages to be sent with its switches - with Pa1000 in Midi-In-Section select "control" for that channel you use for receive.

supermaestro_67

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:13 am    Post subject: PA1000 - Replacing Korg EC5 with a Bluetooth Pedal Reply with quote

Hello siebenhirter. please give me the facebook address. thank you very much. email : jitaru_dumitru@yahoo.com
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: PA1000 - Replacing Korg EC5 with a Bluetooth Pedal Reply with quote

supermaestro_67 wrote:
...please give me the facebook address ...

Sorry, but I do not communicate via facebook - if your question is still the same I found here in April 2019:

To remotely control the style elements of Pa1000 send program change messages via MIDI from your FC300 as described in Page 906 of Pa1000 manual .
Examples: Pa1000 will activate Intro1 if it receive a program-change (PC) message 80, it will activate Intro2 if receiving a PC 81 etc.

If you want to receive these messages with channel 1, set channel 1 of Pa1000 MIDI-IN to "control" and set MIDI-OUT of your FC300 to also to channel 1.
That is because channels of sender (FC300) must be set to same channel of receiver (Pa1000) - else no message would be transmitted.
Example: if you want to transmit the program-changes via channel 15, set channel 15 of Pa1000 MIDI-In to "control" and set MIDI-Out of FC300 to channel 15.

A Pa1000 Midi-Interface is configured with a channel set to "control" - nothing else is to do for receiving remote controls.

There are 15 PCs for remote selection of style-function that now can be pre-programmed as FC300-patches to be sent on same channel as MIDI-In selected control channel in Pa1000.

How to pre-program patches to send program changes you will find in manual of your FC300 (download https://www.roland.com/global/support/by_product/fc-300/owners_manuals/ ).
Maybe you also get some information on forums that are specified for Roland or Footcontroller FC-300.

With FC300 it is important:
to use "Standard Mode",
to select Midi-Bank-Select-Output "OFF" (no BankSelect is to send, but only PC),
to set Midi Transmit Channel (TX) to same channel as Pa1000's control channel,
to set Transmit Prg Change message in Standard Mode (PC Mode) to SOUNDMODULE,
create Patches for each pedal to switch patch-numbers with that PCs that Pa1000 is waiting for remote and
store that patches in FC300.
Connect MIDI-IN of Pa1000 with MIDI-OUT of FC-300.

supermaestro_67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject: PA1000 - Replacing Korg EC5 with a Bluetooth Pedal Reply with quote

vielen Dank siebenhierter"! interessant, dass niemand ein youtube video tutorial mit midi programmierung roland fc 300 und korg pa 700/1000 / 4x gemacht hat.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: PA1000 - Replacing Korg EC5 with a Bluetooth Pedal Reply with quote

supermaestro_67 wrote:
.. youtube video tutorial mit midi programmierung roland fc 300 und korg pa 700/1000 / 4x ..

There are Youtube tutorials on the net about handling of Roland FC300.

But it makes no sense to look for programming FC300 combined with programming of Pa-arrangers, because each of MIDI-devices have its own Midi-Implementation independent of each other.

This applies to every midi device without knowing how to program the other devices.

It is only important that the sender / transmitter can send Midi events on a Midi channel that the receiver can receive on the same channel. The receiver must understand these events and thus carry out the function required by the user.

You only need the Midi implementation charts of both devices, study them separately and check whether the messages required by the receiver can be sent by the sender.

If this is the case, the transmitter is programmed separately to send the required commands. The receiver also is programmed separately to receive the required commands.

With the same setting, a receiver works with any transmitter / sender that is able to send the messages the receiver needs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: