Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Taurus Bass pedal sounds
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Thanks for sharing, and great that you have a Kronos again!

You're welcome!

I bought the Kronos for a specific purpose....we're trying to get a Genesis tribute band going. The Kronos will be the heart of the rig, which consists of a Studiologic VMK176plus, Nord Electro 3 61 and a Muse Receptor VIP.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually thinking of building a Taurus-like bass sound but I was going to use a prog with the Polysix and the MS-20 together.
I don't know when I'll get to it but when I do I'll let you know how it sounds.

I'm impressed with all these Genesis tribute bands out there. Up here in Canada we've had a few more than a few but the very best one is called "eh Musical Box". They don't use a Kronos though. They're fortunate enough to actually use the real instruments that Genesis used. Even teh bass player uses a doubleneck Ricenbacher bass/guitar. Depending on the tour they use the correct instruments. Must be nice, eh?
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
laandodeman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BillW, for sharing!
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome. Let me know if you think it's close. I tried to model it after that Taurus VST which sounds pretty authentic.

I saw The Musical Box doing The Lamb this summer...they are sooooooo good. Very Happy And yes, the equipment is mostly original...talk about a maintenance nightmare...lol.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked it: it has a very nice bottom, reminding of classical Taurus sounds, thanks again!

I lowered the filter a bit to 64, because AL-1 lacks some of the fat smoothness of the analog Moog sound.

One small problem: I hear a sort of slightly distorting snarling sound recurring in the sustained waveform, but don't know where it comes from. Would be nice to get rid of it.
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. I will see if I can track down the distortion issue. I only use this patch in the intro to Watcher of the Skies and it's buried underneath a Mellotron and Hammond.
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillW wrote:
I bought the Kronos for a specific purpose....we're trying to get a Genesis tribute band going.

Didn't you sell your Kronos to use only the receptor? I seem to remember you suggesting I do the same.

It's kind of funny because you have my old setup. I guess my choice wasn't too bad after all.

Smile
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dniss wrote:
BillW wrote:
I bought the Kronos for a specific purpose....we're trying to get a Genesis tribute band going.

Didn't you sell your Kronos to use only the receptor? I seem to remember you suggesting I do the same.

It's kind of funny because you have my old setup. I guess my choice wasn't too bad after all.

Smile

Yes, I did. Smile Two things happened that changed my mind: the Genesis tribute band came along and you can get a new Kronos for $1650 after the $200 rebate. It was a no-brainer.

I still have the Receptor VIP and like it very much. If I wasn't doing the Genesis thing, I wouldn't have bought another Kronos. It's still the only keyboard that has a ROMpler, sampler, VA and clonewheel in one compact, integrated package.
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillW wrote:
Dniss wrote:
BillW wrote:

Smile

Yes, I did. Smile Two things happened that changed my mind: the Genesis tribute band came along and you can get a new Kronos for $1650 after the $200 rebate. It was a no-brainer.

I still have the Receptor VIP and like it very much. If I wasn't doing the Genesis thing, I wouldn't have bought another Kronos. It's still the only keyboard that has a ROMpler, sampler, VA and clonewheel in one compact, integrated package.

I was just saying because it's fairly rare I run into someone with the same setup! My VMK as been sitting in its case for over a year now.

We do cover also, so I sorta had the same thought process a year ago. Kronos + Receptor is the best of both worlds if you ask me.
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have the VMK176plus? I got mine from Music123 last week. They are already looking for a replacement for it because the sustain pedal is really flaky. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Have you had any issues with yours?

I was planning to run the VMK directly to the Kronos using just a USB cable for power and MIDI info. I used to use a Keystation 88es, but I wanted something with weighted keys.
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillW wrote:
You have the VMK176plus? I got mine from Music123 last week. They are already looking for a replacement for it because the sustain pedal is really flaky. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Have you had any issues with yours?

I was planning to run the VMK directly to the Kronos using just a USB cable for power and MIDI info. I used to use a Keystation 88es, but I wanted something with weighted keys.

Keep in mind my equipment is a couple years older than yours. It's the VMK 176 and I had many issues with it.

First and foremost the way it has been put together. When I got it out of its shipping box, there were screws inside the box!! The keybed was loose and eventually, overtime, the whole thing fell apart. Had to replace rivets with scews and had to glue certain pieces that broke.

The midi implementation (or lack off) also drove me crazy. But I liked its fatar keybed 76 keys.

When I saw the Kronos 73 I knew the VMK was history though, since I needed a sequencer and hammer action keys.

But using the Kronos with the receptor as a vst sound module, with splits and layers in cominations/sequencer, is trly divine.
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dniss wrote:

Keep in mind my equipment is a couple years older than yours. It's the VMK 176 and I had many issues with it.

First and foremost the way it has been put together. When I got it out of its shipping box, there were screws inside the box!! The keybed was loose and eventually, overtime, the whole thing fell apart. Had to replace rivets with scews and had to glue certain pieces that broke.

The midi implementation (or lack off) also drove me crazy. But I liked its fatar keybed 76 keys.

When I saw the Kronos 73 I knew the VMK was history though, since I needed a sequencer and hammer action keys.

Oh crap...that doesn't sound too promising. I like the feel of the VMK's keyboard, but if it turns out to be a lemon, then I will return it. Sadly, there aren't a lot of alternatives on the market. I almost bought a 73-key Kronos, but I was worried about the keybed issues and didn't want to risk it. I guess I could go back to the Keystation 88es. I could buy 3 of them for the price of the Studiologic.
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, with my work at solidifying it, it's now rock solid. On the other hand resale value took a serious hit.

On a different note, never had a single issue with my Kronos.

Most Kronos don't have any keybed issues. I'd buy it again if I had to.
iamdarkalchemist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillW wrote:
OK, here's the Taurus patch.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41938822/Taurus.PCG

I got my new Kronos yesterday and was able to isolate this from the other stuff in those banks.

Hi everyone! New to the forum that I found searching "Taurus bass pedal Kronos". I am very interested in that patch but dropbox said "error 404". Can someone upload it again?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: