Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Backing up X50?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aegis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject: Backing up X50? Reply with quote

I am trying to back up the Korg X50 and eventually migrate the sounds to the Korg triton VSTi (is this 100% compatible?).

The "save" button outputs a .Xall file, which supposedly contains all data from the X50. However, in the past I have loaded one of the backup files and instead of loading the backup it corrupted all of the sounds on the X50. It was probably the export bug, but I am not going to try my luck again.

Is there any way to read the .Xall file without the keyboard being connected so that I can confirm that everything is saved and copy the settings in the future? I looked at the file that was produced and some of the program names are not in the file so I am a bit worried. Has anyone tested that the .Xall file contains a full and correct backup of all data?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: