Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My 8 Day old Korg Wavestate Froze and needed a Hard Reset

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sleepingangel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject: My 8 Day old Korg Wavestate Froze and needed a Hard Reset Reply with quote

I am very unhappy. I have been using the wavestate for about an hour every other day or so since I got it. I noticed this morning that the cursor froze but everything else worked so I just played with other functions and eventually it seemed un stick. BUT then I was working the sequencing part and i heard a weird zapping noise in my headphones and they went dead. THey are 17 year old Sony's so I thought maybe they just got fried. BUT it was much worse. It was th wavestate. NO SOUND no functions would work NOTHING. then the vector analysis popped up and then it was frozen again. I captured it with my phone and then I just gave up and had to hold the power button until it rebooted.
I have until March 6 to return but I wanted to hear your opinions.
I spoke with a programmer who has clocked many hours for over a year and it never crashed he said.
Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you .
Maria Rolling Eyes
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been working with the Wavestate since late Sept and I have experienced a few crashes. One just the other night. I was testing a performance and had 11 lanes of CC's (automation) happening. The sound went bye bye and it was locked up. Rebooted and continued where I left off for another few hours without issue. It is shocking when it happens but then I think of what the Wavestate is actually doing and I have sympathy. It certainly isn't just detuning 2 oscillators. Smile

Korg seem to be working hard on the software side of things so there is hope for a crash free future. Until then I can cope.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: