Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos V Nautilus - Which to Buy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin Leake

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject: Kronos V Nautilus - Which to Buy? Reply with quote

Hello everyone. Very Happy

I own a Korg Krome Ex 61 - Used at home as a hobby. Full marks to all of you who perform live - The thought fills me with dread. My public performances have been limited to Piano Exams and I do have a reasonable knowledge of music theory.- None in music production.

My main interest is in the sequencing and composing area. I like my Krome though it has its limits obviously.

I would like to graduate to some workstation that doesn't impose limits. Eg I'd like to be able to export my work in Wav or MP3 or some such formats --ie the recipient of the piece can play it back on their own device.

Should I come up against a limitation in the workstation I would like it to be able to connect easily with a Software that will resolve the problem and then be able to upload the amended work back into my workstation.

Which Workstation would meet these requirements? Nautilus or Kronos? - OR A.N. Other?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos V Nautilus - Which to Buy? Reply with quote

Kevin Leake wrote:
Hello everyone. Very Happy

My main interest is in the sequencing and composing area.

1) I would like to graduate to some workstation that doesn't impose limits. Eg I'd like to be able to export my work in Wav or MP3 or some such formats --ie the recipient of the piece can play it back on their own device.

2] Should I come up against a limitation in the workstation I would like it to be able to connect easily with a Software that will resolve the problem and then be able to upload the amended work back into my workstation.

Which Workstation would meet these requirements? Nautilus or Kronos? - OR A.N. Other?

Hi Kevin. for above 1) both boards are highly capable. I have a strong pref , as expected for a 10 yr Kronos owner . I use the SEQ every day to record original songs. Not everyone is 100% comfortable with it, but I am.

For 2) above, thats a tough one. I have no answer. There is no magic app that fixes Kronos or Nautilus.

Keep in mind, there are few Nautilus' in the hands of owners. Its a new board and last I heard , it might start shipping this month in the US.

You should really study the video on the diffs between Kronos and Nautilus.

This is my opinion, I think Nautilus makes a little more sense for the non-Kronos owner.
leonh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos if you want a no limits sequencer Nautilus is Kronos lite simple as that very capable and in the nice case just lesser Kronos nothing wrong with that exept price wich is a bit less than Kronos i.e same internals so Kronos .
Kevin Leake

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject: Kronos V Nautilus Reply with quote

Thanks Greg and Leon.

Kevin
ITguy54

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want something now, the Kronos is the ONLY answer. Who knows when the Nautilus will be anything but vaporware.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hopefully Kevin made a good decision last month.

Nautilus did land at retail, likely pre-orders ,in some of the " non US " countries.

The facebook nautilus page confirms this.

However, I don't recall reading Nautilus at retail in the US.

There was a log jam in unloading containers in the Port of LA/Long Beach.

So the assumption is that there is a quantity of " N's " in these ocean type containers.

Folks can google for the news on the container thing at Port of LA/Long Beach.

I don't have any hard facts on exact US quantity whereabouts.

US retailers might be able
to contact Korg USA plus the retailers get periodic reports saying if there is ETA on the " N's ".

Thats as best as I understand it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: