Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa1000 - Not enough memory for PCM samples
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moebrand

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I have Pa Manager and mixed a set for my Pa1000 , however the size of the set is not over 250mb , but all the user banks for sounds and Dk are full and I can’t put more samples on my keyboard . I wish Pa1000 user banks had more pages, maybe there will be more in future updates .
DMS 3Reed Harmonium
an old Accordion
Apple iMac 480GB SSD , 12GB DDR3 Ram,
logic Pro X , Studio One 3.
Dell laptop with 500GB ssd and 8GB Ram , Korg Pa Manager V4
FL Studio 11 Producer Edition
Studio One 6 Artist
Allan & Heath Zedi 10FX mixer
Shure Beta 87A Condenser Microphone
Audio Technica in ear studio monitor headphones
MusicLover400

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:42 am    Post subject: Pa1000 - Not enough memory for PCM samples Reply with quote

I am learning the hard way, As you said deleting styles will not delete the related samples and multisamples and UDkits.
it is very hard to find out the related samples and multisamples and UDkits to clean the memory, because styles were copied from many different SETs.
Anyone who had similar experience with the memory cleaning problem please share your solution. I don't know if PA manager software can help?
Thank you

Regards,
VladislavIZ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 - Not enough memory for PCM samples Reply with quote

MusicLover400 wrote:
I am learning the hard way, As you said deleting styles will not delete the related samples and multisamples and UDkits.
it is very hard to find out the related samples and multisamples and UDkits to clean the memory, because styles were copied from many different SETs.
Anyone who had similar experience with the memory cleaning problem please share your solution. I don't know if PA manager software can help?
Thank you

Regards,

In order to remove unnecessary samples from the DK category,
1. go to Sound / User / DK mode,
2. then select the required drum map,
3 find the sample you want to delete by pressing the keyboard,
4. view its index / sample name specified in RAM and then write it down or remember,
5. then go to the sampler by clicking on the record,
6. then click search and in the line specify the names that you recorded earlier in this way, you can find unnecessary samples from the DK category and delete them.
Personally, I do it this way, I don't know any other way
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:56 am    Post subject: Enough samples with multiple SET-folders Reply with quote

Hello,
when there are not enough slots left for sounds and styles, rather that seems to be a problem with how to organize internal memory
(http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=124240).

Running out of user slots happens if user memory is considered and configured like one indivisible, unique constant read-only memory, that is containing all resources for every conceivable session.

Instead, user memory should be accepted as it is intended: as mobile memory, which can be configured at any time according to a new situation/next session by loading a SET.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just speculating with fingers crossed.

It will be interesting to see when the OS of the 1000 has a major update (it is well overdue) if any more features are unlocked or expanded.

Memory chips are not exactly mega bucks to include in a circuit board and futureproofing the design of the electronics for expansion via OS updates would have been a logical step to take by Korg Italy to keep refreshing was is a great design of keyboard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: