Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa700 Event edit does not let me change POSITION of notes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeterLapedona

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:26 am    Post subject: Pa700 Event edit does not let me change POSITION of notes Reply with quote

Before re-installing op.system 1.5.0 I wanted to check if anybody else had this problem i.e. if it is bug. In event edit in Sequencer I can edit all values (note, duration, category) with the Value wheel but NOT the note position. If I highlight and then turn the wheel, it will always change the position to 1.1.0. Same if I use the pop-up menu for typing a value.
Nervous about re-installing in case this is due to some faulty memory location and I end up with nonfunctioning arranger. I have a job to finish and everything else at the moment seems to function well.
I don't recall if I ever did much event editing on this arranger, but I did it always on my Pa1XPro, and I checked again on that one, and it worked as it should, same procedure, so not a button I overlooked. I could put the file on the Pa1XPro and edit there then move back to Pa700 for final output with my tweaked sounds, but...
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa700 Event edit does not let me change POSITION of note Reply with quote

PeterLapedona wrote:
Before re-installing op.system 1.5.0 I wanted to check if anybody else had this problem i.e. if it is bug. In event edit in Sequencer I can edit all values (note, duration, category) with the Value wheel but NOT the note position. If I highlight and then turn the wheel, it will always change the position to 1.1.0. Same if I use the pop-up menu for typing a value.
Nervous about re-installing in case this is due to some faulty memory location and I end up with nonfunctioning arranger. I have a job to finish and everything else at the moment seems to function well.
I don't recall if I ever did much event editing on this arranger, but I did it always on my Pa1XPro, and I checked again on that one, and it worked as it should, same procedure, so not a button I overlooked. I could put the file on the Pa1XPro and edit there then move back to Pa700 for final output with my tweaked sounds, but...

I have never experienced that problem on any OS version of the PA700. It works just fine for me. I would recommend that you save the sequence on a USB drive or something and reinstall the OS. Maybe there is something glitchy that happened during the process.

I will say that sometimes, there are glitches in the sequences themselves and I find that sometimes, I have to redo the sequence. It is a real inconvenience when that happens, but I have had it happen every now and then on new sequences I have made from scratch AND from sequences that I have modified.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
PeterLapedona

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,Harry. I agree but will do it after this job. I did check all kinds of older sequences, all the same, so I would exclude that. Something in the o.s. got corrupted, I assume.

What makes me nervous is the thought that there might be a bad memory location, physically. I can't imagine the install procedure would skip bad locations. If the problem should persist after re-install, would I have to look at reformatting the Korg drive? And would the machine even work after that, in the sense that I could use the standard operating install?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: